Saturday, January 22, 2011

More great advice from Dr. Mercola

When I was a younger and heard people who hadn't had a drop of alcohol to drink all their life dying of cirrhosis of the liver I used to wonder how come???? Well Dr. Oz on his programme this morning told all of us it's too much sugar that destroys your liver, not necessarily too much alcohol...... that's why you have women dying from this all the time....now isn't that interesting!
I was kinda off Dr. Oz because I saw him giving people ice water to lose weight and he loved over-the-counter drugs too much, although I forgive him as he's a mainstream doctor, but yesterday when I saw him bring on Dr Mercola and admitted there is so much he doesn't know and wants to learn and expressing a desire for them to work together - he is back up in my good book!
Dr Mercola has the best website I think that helps us cut through all the fake information that the major drug companies want us to believe.
Sometimes when I read his newsletters, which always have the source of the information right there, I just shudder.
He was telling us for months not to be caught up with the swine flu hoax while President Obama ( one of my favourite people ) had his entire family being vaccinated! He really cuts through the bull and today what I learnt about fluoride is giving me hives.
Not to scare you just to let you be aware, I am sharing his great advice on aging gracefully - he tells you here that all the anti wrinkle creams not going to work as anti aging starts at the cellular level.
Feeding Your Skin from the Outside-In
You may not realize this, but a large portion of the toxins you're exposed to on a daily basis comes through your skin, not just through what you put in your mouth. Your skin is actually the largest organ of your body, and it's highly absorbent. Women absorb an estimated five pounds of chemicals a year just from the makeup they use!
Therefore, you want to give your skin the same thoughtful care you give your internal organs. Having a great diet while slathering toxins on your skin is counterproductive, to say the least.

Personally, if I'm not willing to eat it, I won't put it on my skin.

For example, my organic body butter contains the following eight extraordinary food-based ingredients that are both safe and effective:

1.Organic Shea Butter
2.Cocoa Butter
3.Virgin Coconut Oil
4.Jojoba Oil
5.Murumuru Butter
6.Rice Bran Extract (Oryza Sativa)
7.Palm Oil
8.Aloe Vera Juice
These ingredients individually and synergistically contribute to softer, smoother, moister skin, without taxing your body with potential toxins. Along with a nutrient-dense diet and pure water, a truly all-natural, organic moisturizer can help you achieve a clear and radiant complexion
.

No comments: