Saturday, May 28, 2011

MY MEALS.....A TYPICAL DAY : FOR VANESSA

I used to be far more rigid in my eating habits, but since my son who is a raw food chef quit his catering business and started working full time because he couldn't earn enough from the amount of people wanting raw food, I have found it far harder to eat how I would like , which is 90% raw...I went off at Christmas eating fruit cake and ham, chicken, drinking rum - you name it I had it...I felt so awful, meaning lethargic, skin changes, body bloat etc, I detoxed , called my holistic practitioner opened up my chakras and went back to the eating routine that I have no doubt has kept me healthy for the last 5 years.
My typical day is like this - I always wake at 6 am every morning - my eyes pop open no matter the time I went to bed .....usually I try to stay in bed till 7 am then I start with my water - I always start with a bottle of water - always purified - no spring water or water that I don't know where it comes from......sometimes I finish the bottle, sometimes half - if you want an instant visit to the toilet drink minimum 3 glasses (8 oz) of water as you wake before brushing your teeth. While I watch my favourite morning program Smile Jamaica I start my fruit eating, yesterday it was Otaheite apple so I ate 2 then 2 honey bananas the only bananas I like and then drank my tea ...... yesterday it was pau de arco and lemon grass mix .......after that I had an East Indian mango at around 9 am...........I usually leave for work at 10 am so before I left home I had a glass of chocho juice.
I try to keep kale chips in the fridge for snacks so I buy organic kale whenever it's available...it is right now. I bought a large bag of lychee en route to work so water, kale and lychee kept me till I finished work and came home then had another glass of cho cho juice and after that the cauliflower cous cous that my son made , later I had another cup of tea. Yesterday I was particular good and drank a bottle of water before bed with my glyconutrients in it.
I`m addicted to cheese so that's something I have not given up so I eat that from time to time - real cheese though not plastic cheese, gruyere being my favourite.
I try and buy ackee when in season to take around with me and eat as snacks - I buy my ackee myself to make sure its properly opened (raw ackee is a favourite of mine when in season).
My other favourite foods include sardines (tin food is a no no but I love sardines and it does have nutrients) and brown rice and split peas and brown rice with lots of onion garlic and turmeric and curry goat (the only alkaline meat there is)so once per week I usually have curry goat.
I have lots of fruit, I drink lots of tea, guinea hen weed being by favourite...... all loose tea no tea bag tea and I take my supplements and hope for the best.........every once in a while like once every 3 months I eat a steak, my favourite meal of all times, and I'm sure the reason why I got sick as I used to eat it every day of life from early teens with nothing but onion (although I'm trying to keep cancer away, I'm not dead yet so I have to have some enjoyment). Another thing I miss is crusty bread, so whenever I'm bad I make sure I'm bad all the way then detox the next day. If I eat steak this week I have no cooked food till the following week as steak is a definite no no to my diet ....I've found since I started eating this way as soon as I eat wrong it flies out, as my body is not used to it.
I try not to have any bottled juices like cranberry also no yogurt (all those so-called healthy foods I stay away from as they all have too much sugar) I love fresh fruit like mangoes, pineapple, banana, papaya once you peel the skin you don't have to fear herbicides and insecticides that much, I try to grow my rosemary, mint, peppers etc so I can pick those from my garden, my teas are there too guinea hen weed grows wild and so does lemon grass.......
People say it's an expensive way to live but I spend J$6000 per week on average for my fruits and veggies from the organic lady and the market, I see my friends spending some large, LARGE double digit sums at the supermarket........I also use special detergent, dishwashing liquid, house cleaners etc....I do not burn mosquito destroyers or use Vape mats or have those deodorants in my car......I read makeup labels, those longlife lipsticks not good for you, check your bath soaps, body products etc it's a whole change of lifestyle not only food.
I have no diabetes, no hypertension, no cholesterol issues but I think how I ate in my early years caused my cancer gene to stand up fully:)
I've been battling this disease from I'm 24 , I'm 58 now and I know mine is tied in to stress and food, but I give thanks as if I didn't have to eat this way I wouldn't look as young as I do now would I ?????

No comments: