Sunday, August 14, 2011

YES IT IS CANCER CALLING AGAIN

Well it seems like forever since I last blogged on June 26,but I've been busy with my latest round of cancer........this time breast cancer came a-calling and I don't know why I thought I would never get breast cancer but I have to tell you this one hit me for 6. I have asked myself why did I react to it like that but I think it is because I feel , no I KNOW , I brought it on to myself......on reading my list of what I ate in a day (when Vanessa asked) before this last bout it was so different from the list I recently made for NOMI SHANNON'S new book so it's no wonder cancer raised its ugly head again - not only was the head raised but the hands and feet had latched on and was eating me up. Looking back I realised that when my friend Norma Shirley died I came off my diet and really came off everything including life, why I don't know as Norma was 75, I haven't reached 60 yet.
My "children" especially Sandor really had it out with me as I was quite prepared to give up and I thank you Sandy for shouting me back to reality as everyone wondered how come I who had fought 4th stage cancer twice, was quite prepared to give in to 2nd stage breast...........I had lost my verve, my need to live, I was no longer spiritually tuned, I couldn't even remember the entire 'Our father' as I tried to pray - I had lost it! Thanks to Rev Sheila and Dr. Marcia for getting me back on my spiritual path so I could face the medical Drs and there the pain started again biopsies, bone scans ending with breasts going - only one was in trouble but why risk the other one coming back to haunt me so here I sit with 2 breasts gone and 2 new girls being groomed to take their place.
Of course its back to the oncologist soon to hear if my receptors will receive chemo , matters not whether they will or not as I'm not walking that way the little memory I've retained from 2 rounds of chemo in 2006 I will not chance it being taken away from me so the answer is no, no chemo just back to my strict lifestyle and GOD'S grace..............

8 comments:

Sandor said...

All I know is that it's not your time right now .. you've got at least another 30 years to go!

aiesha said...

Walking in GRACE! Welcome back :)

Anonymous said...

Ano Okera
I just read this and I am sending you a lot of healing energy. I just want you to fight this so I can see you soon....so I guess I need to come and visit soon. I didn't tell you this but I totally changed my diet when I left your house that day.

never looked back really. It feels good and I feel good. Every time I slip I hear your voice saying....a why you so fat????...haha. But I'm really sorry to hear this and I am loving you with everything I have right now.

Pls stay strong.

Love,AO

Glen Clarke said...

Pat,
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Reading your most recent blog have caused emotions to resurface on two fronts. The first is, it has reminded me of my younger brothers unsuccessful battle with brain cancer. The memory of his courageous fight, the memory of the scourge of Chemo on his body and being, leaving him a mere vegetable at the time of his passing. Those memories remain vivid.
On the second front, Pat, I was there with you at the onset of what has become a long painful journey. Having left JA almost 23 years ago, I was divorced from the intimacy of your subsequent struggles, I depended on second hand, third hand and sometimes even fourth hand info. Shame on me! I should have made more of an effort to reach out to you, for that I a truly sorry. You were (almost) always in my prayers.
On a brighter note. I have completely surrendered my life to the Almighty, it therefore warms my heart to know that you are back on the path. Pat, when it comes down to it, isn't our hereafter what really matters? He however wants us to have a life of good health and happiness for the duration of our allotted time, this can only be achieved if we walk with him.
Love you Donna Patricia.
Glen.
PS. All grammatical & typographical errors are patented and are the sole property of Glen E. Clarke. :)

NormaB said...

I follow your blog and just Tuesday I checked back and wondered why you hadn't blogged for so long...now I know. I pray God's healing blood reaches and flow through you, giving you a new lease on life. I pray He'll give you added strength & glorious victory. Live, laugh, love. Blessings!

Lois M said...

Daily I check to see if there is a new blog... but nada.
You are in our thoughts and prayers and I echo Sandor... you have at least another 30 years to go!
Fidelitas my Sister Swan!

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring. I'm glad you found the Mannatech products. Lots of those products, lots of raw foods, lots of vegetable juice, lots of prayers and a healthy attitude saw my wife through her bout with cancer. You're on the right track. I'll be praying for you.

Unknown said...

Wow tears come to my eyes mrs wright you are a god bless person you will survive I agree you have 30 more years to go I will be praying for you I can't forget your kindness and love you show me stay strong because god has your back