Monday, February 1, 2010

GRAMMYS

WOW so many things happening. I thought I was at cirque du soleil with Pink's performance last night.......Performance Art at its highest.... I must have missed where the water came from??
Taylor Swift - album of the year!!!!! she couldn`t harmonize with Stevie Nicks and that's the future of music???
I keep playing Justine Timberlake's performance from the Haiti telethon - just two men singing how nice and so rare these days...... and BY THE WAY SPEND THE $7:99 AND DOWNLOAD THAT ALBUM TO HELP HAITI WORTH IT AND MORE!
Back on the rock great things are happening on the music scene it's not all fake, fake hair, fake music, lots of smokescreens and costumes and we don`t even know what we are seeing...NO!! Our JAZZFEST went off with oldies but goodies like Gladys Knight, Hall and Oates, Babyface, Maxie Priest singing with live bands no tracks. Music you can feel .... even a group called the Whispers I`m sure most of you never heard of them, yes they were there .....We had Roy Ayers playing the xylophone..anybody know what that is anymore? Makes great music. It was wonderful! Relative newcomer Joss Stone a young woman singing real music was great too.......
All I have to say is thank God for Michael Jackson's tribute at the Grammy's with the little girl and the butterfly in the video clip playing in the background while singers sang real music...He was the master of performance art and none of his music was "covers' like what most of the so-called singers of today do as he had talent!
MISS YOU MIKE!

1 comment:

Gina "Soul Survivor" Jarrett Alder said...

TheWhispers??? OMG! If I had known they were going to perform, I would have begged or borrowed to have been there. Hits like - I Only Mean To Wet My Feet, Say Yes, Are You Going My Way....to name a few. This 70's group has tons of hits. I'll have to try to find their performance at Ja Jazz on Youtube.
You and I know only too well about "Real" music. Hard to listen to some of crap that's coming out now. C'est la vie!