Monday, July 12, 2010

Health scare ?

It seems as if every year I have a health scare...is it a genuine scare or is it that whenever I eat badly I feel I'm going to be punished so all my symptoms return? My back aches, I feel nauseous and I swear my bowel habits change.......well after a major out-of-it feeling, off I went to get my sigmoidoscope...that is what those of us have that don`t have much colon....you other guys have a colonoscopy.
Well my little piece of colon and my small intestines were looking very good, but because some my lymph nodes were blown I immediately say to myself it can be elsewhere, therefore I need a bone scan, as my right leg hurts constantly, so deep down the fear is has bone cancer returned ? I need to return to my oncologist for her to check my stomach but she doesn't want to see me...all of my doctors roll their eyes as they feel nothing is wrong with me because as always, I bound into their office with my limitless energy and everybody saying "you look so good" as if I shouldn`t be looking good because I've had cancer......Well guess what ?I can`t look pop dung no matter how I feel and truth is no matter how i look,they are to check me......whats the use of repenting after the event which is usually my case.
Anyway this time i tend to agree with what my doctor (internist) told me.....He says Pat honestly I feel you are just tired....'U work non stop and dare i say it u r getting a LITTLE older'.....How could he know I wondered that I do not go to my bed till 2am most mornings watching Soap Net because Sonny is up to his usual tricks on General Hospital and then I say let's see what Victor is up to then I watch Erica on All My Children and by the time you say jack rabbit it's way past my bed time and my eyes pop open at 6 am no matter what time I go to bed - a sure sign of old age.........
Well I`m taking some vacation and going to sleep as I will be able to watch the soaps in the daytime so I wont need to sit up all night I'll also be taking out insurance by upping my raw food and Glyconutrient intake.....and I'll see if my aches and pains go away.....
Fighting cancer is not just a physical thing.It's a spiritual thing and if you are spiritually shaky this fight is not for you...Oprah closes her magazines with 'what I know for sure'.... THAT IS WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE! Once my head gets shaky....my body falls down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat,

As an avid reader of your blog.. I am going to say to you, what is the sense of eating right, if you are not resting and allowing your body the time to rejuvenate.... Enough said!


From an old school mate who wants to continue to read your blog for years to come.

PAT WRIGHT said...

isnt that the truth girl.......but when u feeling good u tend to forget!