Sunday, September 19, 2010

PRINCESS NAIYAH

Hi folks for all of you who've been wondering what happened to me, I'm fine - I just came back from 10 days with my granddaughter and eldest son in Orlando, city of the future - what a transformation the Amway centre, a technological marvel, has made to this sleepy-eye town .....I thought I was in New York.....and then wow ! Disney is still organized to a T and a wonderful experience and the 3 o'clock parade is still a delight to kids of all ages. It's wonderful when you see something that has maintained throughout the years.
Space mountain was a revelation though. My son who turned 33 on September 8th and who never met a roller coaster he didn`t love warned me repeatedly that people who had bad hearts or high blood pressure should not go on this ride. I reminded him that absolutely nothing was wrong with my heart or my blood pressure and because I had cancer 3 times in the past and 23 surgeries was no reason for me not going on this ride. Well off I went with him ....he sat behind me and I could hear him whoooing strangely as the ride progressed. When we came out I excitedly thought we would be going back only to hear 'never again' he said 'Mommy do you realize what would happen to us if anything went wrong on that ride they would pick us up in pieces!' My boy now knows his mortality ..... fatherhood will do that everytime, yes hon that's what life is risks and chances......at my age I can go in pieces or one piece, matters not to me, fun is the name of my game and fun I had.
Just looking at Naiyah transform into Cinderella was another precious moment She didn't go back to being Naiyah for 3 days, she ate breakfast went to the supermarket, everything was done in her crown, gown and glass slippers and only succumbed to the hair coming down because she likes swimming more than being a princess.
What an absolute treat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would have been nice to know that you were having fun, while I was concerned, since the "blog suspension"...smile:)
Doesn't it just warm your heart to spend time with your grandchild? Love them, spoil them, act silly with them, as you do not have full responsibility for them, that is what grandparenting should be all about.
Looks like she knew she was a PRINCESS without the crown:)