Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Thoughts of priorities and death

So I'm driving in MoBay today and looking at the corridor from the airport to the conference centre noticing the street lights that are going up and wondering why we have our priorities so very wrong? I see very well when driving on that highway at nights now and I'm sure everybody else does too - one woman when I voiced my thoughts said , "Pat I have night blindness and live in Ironshore and see very well driving home at night " - well suppose we took those millions that's being used to put up these lights and gave it to the hospitals instead - starting with the Cornwall Regional Hospital since it is in St.James that the street lights are being put up - isn't our health much more important than lights to look good for tourists - just asking? Then I've also been reflecting on the Sigma run/walk That I took part in this past Sunday - didn't the organizers know that after the crowd they pulled last year,this year, they should have staggered the starts? I'm a mere walker and the runners took so long to start that when they set off the walkers my feet couldn't move it took about 5 mins for me to hit my stride. Come on Frano show them how it's done - last year I couldn't even enter the park the gate was too narrow for all the people trying to go in - this year I went straight to my car - Mr Byles start and end at The National Stadium next year please. I got a lot of calls regarding the lady who died while participating in the Sigma run some wanted to make sure it wasn't me and was relieved to hear me answer my phone - the rest of these callers (non-exercisers) wanting to show me that the lady exercised and still died - until we know her cause of death - I'll just say it's not quantity of life that truly matters it's quality of life I'm advocating for. She obviously lived a full and fabulous life - all her friends and family have spoken so highly of her energy so she went out doing what she loved - remember while we are in life we are in death so while we keep ourself spiritually tuned remember when you don't excercise and eat right your quality of life is not so hot - the big belly men and the ladies under-breast meat bigger than their breasts and all the complaints about acid reflux, diabetes, hypertension and on and on..... So it's not that we are not all going to die it's just that we are able to do more and enjoy life more and look better while waiting to go:) RIP Alicia Prince

No comments: