Friday, October 12, 2007

first friday in ocho rios

last friday ,i left and went to kgn for my friend`s funeral,we went to school from prep right through high together.
she had cancer of the liver,colon ,made worse by parkinsons.............I woke and tried to leave early for kgn but that wasn`t to be as on reaching downstairs I found out I had a flat tyre...........after the security and my son got busy trying to change the tyre we found out the tyre couldn`t come off.........I guess since I hadn`t changed the tyre before and the car was a year and a half old ,it was literally glued on.
Everyman in the area was called into giving their two cents of how to remove the tyre, my husband and friends also gave their opinion by phone .........after shaking and rocking and a good beating with a stick off it came..........tyre changed off I went,problem was 10:30 was around the corner............and i was just leaving ocho rios with kingston a good hour and a half away.......
I realized spirit was talking to me so I listened and didn`t reach the funeral.............. it was too late anyway so I guess the choice was not whether or not to go ,it was whether or not to be upset at not going.lesson learnt! listen to your gut,thats spirit talking to u.
plantain salad,beetroot salad,pineapple salad,banana icecream and almond milk.............experiencing raw food ,enjoying raw food...............maybe one day I can go completely raw....now eating healthy means fish and vegetables sometimes raw sometimes cooked,and lots of fruit...met the market today, have yet to meet the ochi supermarkets.......
reading labels.......very important,found out that one of my favourite fish seasonings has MSG in it ...........lesson learnt ...always read labels!
rain nonstop in kingston and montegobay...........every day ocho rios has a little sun..........right place at the right time.........
heroes weekend ,hotel full,large party being held at reggae beach right next door ......people really pay Ja$5500 to party ????why?

1 comment:

BettyC said...

good journey, we should all try to travel with you. Can't say i have caught up with the spirituality but can go with you on the juourney to "totally raw". For the last 3 years my eating has comve very close to raw. Only cooked item at breakfast is oatmeal and hot water for tea.
Lunch totally raw and sometimes dinner totally raw. when not raw either fish or chicken - all vegetables raw with no dressing just lots of olive oil and garlic.
Regarding why people pay so much to "party", they are not yet at the place where they are content with themselves so they pay these sums to "be seen".
One Love
Nice blog