Thursday, October 18, 2007

proud moments

driving along the highways and byways many thoughts and memories ...........
one of them is the fact that I have always been proud of my eldest son....we have been through some tough times , but always he has risen to the occasion and made me proud to call him my son.......
when he was about 12,I went to New York and left him to collect from my salon which was a good size business...........I used to have him do the books with me in the nights,it helped with his maths ,and in case anything happened to me he would know how to do it....
so after school he would go and close up and collect from the receptionist ,the driver would take him home and thats how it went for the week ........when I returned I got a brown paper bag with each day checked off and the money for that day cash, cheques, and credit card slips, neatly banded with an elastic.....
every cent was there so I said ,"didn`t u need anything all week ? "he said "yes"....
so I said "why didn`t u take it from the money ?"and he said" I couldn`t do that till u checked off first."...........
your character is truly built early............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have always believe that all of life's experiences are good. It is how you deal with them that defines your character. Simplicity of life , walking on the beach, having a jelly coconut, picking up shells from the sand and laughing and enjoying your friends.
See how green and alive the hill sides are with energy after the rain....enjoy p it is what it all about