Sunday, October 18, 2009

BACK HOME TO MONTEGO BAY

Well this is the longest I haven`t blogged since I have started.....NO I'm not sick...Funny I started this blog when I moved to Ocho Rios...... well I moved back to Montego Bay on the 3rd and learnt a big lesson ...when people ask to help you ..LET THEM!
Surviving cancer three times plus being on a table for surgery 23 times takes it's toll plus I`m 58 this year,or am I 57 ? Can't even remember !
Moving which has the next stress level to death of a loved one is no walk around the park..it flattened me put that with running 4 spas and partnering with a friend to open 2 businesses and doing a spa retreat in Negril and what do you get?
YOU GET A KNOCKOUT PUNCH! Anyway 2 days of sleeping has certainly been helping as this is a long weekend and I have nowhere to go......
Why I moved from Ocho Rios is the same reason why I loved Ocho Rios...it's a village so nothing happens one road in and out.
The supermarket is next to the bank, next to the insurance company and the restaurants, plus the all important market........everything is walking distance and MY WORKPLACE SLAP DAB IN THE MIDDLE !
Well that means there is nothing to do, all my friends are either in Kingston or MoBay so I have to go to them as they not coming to me and Kingston is too far from work....so back to Montego Bay I came.......If one is given not only a second but a third chance at life one must live it right?
What I`ve been noticing is that while I was incommunicado the chickens have come home to roost for many of us. All the long time fighters succumbing to one thing or the other. Lung cancer making a big move of late!
I must tell you that it really jerks me up especially in the dead of the night but by morning I`m feeling my usual invincible self again hence the problems I`m in right now!
I do believe that I am guilty of wanting to live until I die so badly that I might die because I did too much as all people surviving Cancer need rest and relaxation.......
My mailbox is full of people in problems and how do I help them ? They are all on their umpteenth round of chemo and now realizing time is slipping away...
I can't be of much help then as remember when you are taking chemo you can`t eat fruit and vegetables.....Guys you just have to PREVENT!
That's all the advice I have to give - the repentance way that people like me have to go through is no fun.....I'll be back writing steadily next week and I have lots to tell you so keep checking in, but for now after watching 60mins with the guy who I told you about some time ago who invented this machine to cure cancer, well it seems to be working........then back to sleep I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to have you back....
When I checked everyday and did not see a new blog, I went out of my positive persona... and started thinking the worst. I just slapped myself!
You taught me something new , that during chemo, no fruits & veggies can be eaten... how disturbing!
Good luck with your move....