Saturday, October 24, 2009

THIS IS THE LIFE !

Ah well - I tried out the renown Careless and Worthless for the week ( Cable & Wireless for those not up on local lingo) and now I am missing Flow more than ever ! C&W I think you guys are too complacent ...you behave as if you have no competition and maybe that's why Digicel is blowing you away and the other newcomers like Flow are nipping at your heels.....but unto more pleasant things!
No Jamaica is not falling apart! It's a worldwide thing - don`t you see on your TV that schools all over the world are in crisis ? Not our children alone killing each other, children live what they learn and over the years haven't we taught them violence ? Well look at what's on TV and at the movies and check out the popular video games - why wouldn`t young people practice what we preach ?
Yes we are going to have a good tourist season, recession or not don`t you see the coming weather patterns........cold countries in problems already!
STOP PANNICKING......It's all going to be good, just live in the moment, tomorrow will take care of itself!
Spoke to a young lady from Germany today who tells me that when she is in Jamaica she eats raw but back home she can`t especially in the winter as there are no fresh fruits....Do we ever have lots to be thankful for here in Jamaica? Is there ever a month during the year that we don`t have a fruit in season?
Read this article from the NY Times - Crack It, Sip It, Then Tote It and those of us here on the rock- give thanks, we have an abundance of coconuts growing all over the country and are able to get a jelly daily anywhere we go and many of us even have coconut trees in our own yards and now it's the in-thing with the New York City's style set !
As those in the north face winter how many of them will still be able to run around eating jelly coconuts not to mention june plums and bananas and papayas etc. etc. daily....... Right now where I sit, I'm looking on plantain and banana trees bearing and this is just my little yard........the pond is overflowing and the frogs are whistling ......so much to give thanks for. In the morning I will walk through my flowering garden to get to my car saying over and over thank you father as the beauty and the greenery after the rain is just overwhelming !
We take these things for granted when we really shouldn`t..........
I can go out and pick fresh mint and basil, chives and parsley, any day of the week by my front door....I can sit and enjoy nature 7 days a week - no concrete jungle where I am at all .
On TV I watched a high powered couple retire from Washington and go to Costa Rica to live and as they jumped into the water they said "this is the life"......it really is ....but how many of us appreciate it?
I say THIS IS MY LIFE!

No comments: