Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Martina announces she is fighting breast cancer

Just saw a tired little old lady on ABC Good Morning America........turns out I recognized her by her voice - it was Martina Navratilova and there was no need to ask what she was about to announce, her thinner than usual hair gave her away..... breast cancer had come her way.....Stage 3 but she says a non-invasive kind so after her chemo and radiation she should not have a recurrence.
As I listened to her I heard nothing about change of diet....and she has been a poster child for exercise and fitness for a lot of us, so where does that leave us ? Is it true that too much rigorous exercise makes our body acidic ?
I remember when I went against my Holistic practitioner's advice of no strenuous exercise and kick boxing and weights was my enjoyment during my first recovery year....one day I just couldn`t move...talk about body come-down!
I have not slipped again , I walk, I don`t jog.......
Martina looked so vulnerable and as I listened and looked at both of them, one cancer survivor(Robin Roberts) talking to another struggling to survive, it brought to mind my fight with sugar over the weekend........the whole prevention and moderation in all things came to me again..... I who dont like sweet, had a bun attack...Coronation bakery made the most delicious bun this Easter and I went from having a slice on Good Friday to helping my son eat a bun or two over the long weekend....stupid move.... my body now feels like how Martina looks , so I`m on greens and vegetable juices alone this week, here I go .....always repenting after the event......
Stay clear of this thing called cancer people!

No comments: