Friday, April 23, 2010

'MERRY CHRISTMAS TO WHO ?' COMES BACK TO HAUNT ME

I TOLD YOU IN MY 'MERRY CHRISTMAS TO WHO' BLOG HOW DEPRESSED I WAS ABOUT LETTERS LIKE THIS AND PERSONS FIGHTING BUT NOT SURVIVING AS THEY WERE TOO BURNT OUT OVER THE YEARS BY CHEMO, AND TOOK UP EATING A CERTAIN WAY AND USING ALTERNATE MEANS AT THE END WHEN IT'S REALLY TOO LATE...I HAD HOPED THAT MY FRIEND HERE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE.....BUT IT WAS NOT TO BE HE DIED ON APRIL 22ND AFTER AN UNBELIEVABLE FIGHT !
EVEN AFTER HE SENT THIS LETTER HE HELD ON FOR 4 MORE MONTHS............
IN HIS LAST EMAIL TO US I QUOTE "YOUR HEALTH IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DAY WHILE YOU ARE ALIVE"

Hello my dear family and friends,

I have reached a point in my illness that has thrown new challenges at me and overwhelming medical conditions to overcome. In fact, the end is rapidly approaching for me due to some serious medical complications. You all know I’m a fighter and I will use the last of my energy over my next days and possibly few weeks to make the best of every last moment I have to live and breathe the sweet air of this beautiful world we live in. You have all been a great source of strength and inspiration for me, and your prayers have been priceless in every way possible to me. My daughter, Tiffany will be helping me tidy up much of my general “day-to-day” computer details that I would ordinarily handle myself.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being in my life whether by choice or otherwise. We are wrapping up all final details of my personal affairs over the next few days. I am not ready to die… and I don’t feel like giving up, however, there comes a time when we have to start making plans in case tomorrow, literally, does not come. I think I am close to that time.
Thank you and God bless you, and may all your dreams come true in this life time. I also wish you a long and healthy and prosperous life…and to remind you, your health is the single most important thing you should pay attention to every day you are alive.


With much love and respect,

P.S. Upon my death, in lieu of flowers or cards, feel free to contact my daughter......., for more details on the non-profit organization of my choice.

No comments: