Monday, April 18, 2011

GOOD OLD DAYS

A friend asked me yesterday why he doesn't see any little boys out flying kites as in previous years, and I said, they are in their homes playing with their video games and texting on their cell phones.......
It's so sad to see lots of our children nowadays...most of them are chubby - many overweight and although most are bright and can type a million words a minute..take them outside and they can't run, they are full of allergies, they do not eat this or that,like how in our childhood days we would pick a berry or a plum oh no they can't eat that.....if it doesn't come from KFC or McDonald's it can't be eaten.........
It was such fun for me the other day to take my granddaughter and godson to a wedding and there they got into hauling down a banana tree.........my godson didn't stop till a bee stung him which stopped all of them actually - I don't think they knew like we did that you had to be wary of things like bees ... well when the mother called to ask what had stained up her son's Burberry shirt I took great pleasure in telling her "banana stain" .....
Do you remember those days lying on your back watching the cloud formations float by -an elephant - no a man on a horse, oh there goes a dog.........what fun we had till we got up and couldn't stop scratching because of course rolling in the grass will do that to you, not to talk about picking cherries from the cherry tree - but did that stop us? Oh no,it just made us more careful next time.....
I need to ask all of you that walk around with your phones attached to your ears like earrings please be careful.....I don't know what's coming out of them so I will stay texting and please when we go to dinner, ladies can we leave the phone in our bags and men in your pockets do we need to be at a party texting ?
Is that how we have fun now ?

No comments: