Sunday, April 10, 2011

THINK!

I don't watch the news on TV as I believe that whatever I need to hear will come to me and over the years I have always found this to be true ....well I was happy to see that Dr Robert Anthony feels the same about the value of the news we get from TV ... he also sees like me that people are not reading enough just like how people aren't really dancing - my books are all piling up by my bed......I guess it's a different time, but is it better for us?
Just like how food today is instant are we going to wake up one day and realize that not everything that is instant is good for us and maybe if we read a little we could learn a little more instead of following what our favourite celebrity ate or wore yesterday?
Just like how I'm monitoring my TV time, I've been tracking my food intake ever since my raw food chef son went back to work in a hotel kitchen (as not enough of us want to eat raw or "live" food, so he could not make a living doing it) and I'm here to tell you that eating cooked food no matter how much vegetables you eat gives you fat pockets, saps your energy, causes mucus to form, lowers your immune system and I could go on and on - I now have an eye infection ....I haven`t had things like that since before my last bout of cancer in 2006........it's amazing how many nutrients we cook out of our food.......
So here is Dr Robert Anthony again - trying to get us to think about the important things in life!
My goal is to get you to THINK! To really THINK about what you are doing with your life and why you do not have all the abundance you
deserve. Awareness is always the first step to change. The lessons I am sharing with you are about awareness. You get to choose what you want to do with your new awareness.
If you look at socioeconomic studies for low income households, you will find that they may have a copy of the National Enquirer or a Bible in their homes. If you go to a medium income household you will find a few books (usually by the toilet!) with a glossy gossip magazine in the family room. But what do you think you will find in high income household? A library of non-fiction books.
So the question we must ask is this: is the socioeconomic status determined by what people read or does what people read bring the status? I will guarantee you it is the latter.
All great leaders are readers. You will never grow spiritually, emotionally or financially by watching TV news and reading the tabloids. Remember there are only two things you can do with your brainpower as it relates to time. You can either spend it, or invest it. Time spent (wasted) is gone forever. Investment in the
form of learning creates a lifetime of payoff not only in knowledge, but in income as well. Decide right now that you are going to invest your greatest asset, which is your time, in learning and studying things that will bring you closer to your desires
.
But what are our desires?

No comments: