Friday, October 17, 2014

Ebola & Chikv hysteria

Yesterday 16/10/2014 was a day directly out of hell for me.
I learnt so much about the human psyche and the fact that most of us are followers so can be whipped into anything - no wonder Hitler succeeded. All it took was a well known announcer on a popular local radio station and a few rumour mongrels posing as journalists and it was all over…. one of the people that I work with told me that her 10 year old child called crying "mommy Ebola is here in Jamaica and I don't want you to die" - now who scared this child out of his wits?.... I have never seen irresponsibility taken to this level before. Now if Ebola comes to Jamaica you mean we are all going to panic and turn into fools ??? You mean we are that scared to die? Aren't we the same set of people who drive at 140mph in an 80mph zone ? Aren't we the same people that don't use condoms because we don't like how they feel although we know about HIV/Aids??? Aren't we the same people that daily eat processed foods , sugar laden drinks, excess alcohol and smoke 2 packs a day ??? I'm just amazed we are all happy to call down Chikv on us with all the dumping of plastic waste in gullies and all over our communities to create breeding sites for mosquitoes but we scared of Ebola ??? People recover from Ebola you know, it doesn't kill everybody that gets it and guess what we don't all have to get it. The time we take panicking we would build our immune system and clean up the mosquito breeding sites . I've heard enough crap today to last me a life time .....How it's the plane that went down in the sea near Portland that cause Chikv - I watch sensible people write crap about they think that Chikv is not caused by mosquitoes it’s air borne blah blah blah ....and what causes Ebola?  Oh I forget that the Lord is coming for his world so that's why all these things are happening  - it’s a plague ....I have news for us all we have destroyed  this world and we're going to have to live in it until it self-destructs but not to worry we are trying to do that as soon as possible so we shouldn't have too long to wait ..how many of us panicked this summer when we saw Israelis shooting man, woman and child in Palestine like they were doing target practice? Did we feel the Lord was coming then ? They were people too .....why were they being killed unnecessarily ?What did they do to deserve that? Do u think they fear Ebola ?
People! Ebola has been around for a long while,thank u Cuba for leading from the front  200 doctors sent to the front line is no joke ....I do believe that Chikv was mishandled by the Jamaican authorities - what the PM did this week she should have done 2 months ago so that was a wakeup call for everybody and Ebola is not likely to be similarly mismanaged - I believe in Jamaica and Jamaicans - we are the best at whatever we decide to do and die from an Ebola epidemic in Jamaica ? No , we are not going to.

5 comments:

Janet Silvera said...

Well said Pat. I hope this gets the mileage it deserves. Chester Francis Jackson would be proud to see this blog. I never anticipated I could have witnessed so much stupidity around me. It borders on treason!!!

Unknown said...

Pat - So beautifully written and presented, as I write this response to commend you, there are tears i my eyes!
Thanks for sharing and please continue being a voice of sobriety in this babble of ignorance!

Unknown said...

Well said Pat words of wisdom

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
S.M.A said...

You are an amazing woman Pat...every
time I see you I am motivated