Monday, October 6, 2014

Breast cancer month

So this month is Breast Cancer month.....those of you who know me know I don't think breast cancer should be singled out, it should be just Cancer Month as all cancers are important and deadly but who am I? The powers that be say it's Breast Cancer month so we are all to dress in pink and raise money for the cause. Well first thing is I don't like anything pink second thing is I believe that you should self exam every month as that's how I found my two breast cancers and  if you don't want to do it  as some of us are scared - let your partner do it -I've felt enough pain in my life don't need to squeeze up my breast in a machine and people like me who have had other cancers don't need added radiation from mammogram machines but new stats say new machines are low on radiation so you have no excuse - always remember early detection saves lives.
Went to Kingston for a funeral this past Saturday and it got me to thinking about Chik v and Ebola - suppose some one like me who has fought cancer for 36 years dies from one of those viruses would all my strict living have been in vain?
I've deprived myself from my favourite foods all these years -right now I would love a  bowl of rum and raisin ice cream before bed - that's not to be and no rum and cranberry for me oh how I miss white rum and cranberry but too much sugar so that's not to be either - so suppose I live this green life (remember I hate everything green but I now not only eat but drink it daily) and here comes one of these viruses for me should I have a juicy pork chop tomorrow in case ? Or should I continue stepping up my antioxidants so my immune system is ready for the fight  hmmmmmm
I notice that when you are healthy you bounce back quicker no matter what hits you down so I'll get my papaya leaves ready and go and have my turmeric juice before bed or maybe tonight I should have sour sop leaf tea ......
Folks get you bodies ready and plant some Neem trees and start educating everyone to not throw garbage in gullies and drains as I'm sure you are noticing that our Government has no money to clean them and all of you that saying the Lord coming for his world I have news for you suppose he's not  and you will have to live in the mess we've made?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food for thought Pat.

Angela