Sunday, October 26, 2014

Oprah #thelifeyouwantMIA

I attended the Miami leg of Oprah's Life You Want tour and I must say I'm not leaving as I came . If we doubt that we all are energy and spirits having a human experience, these events really put it in perspective. The one other time that I felt energy pulsating in a room like this was at Panorama Of Truth (POT) my Church's yearly conference. Group of like minds vibrating ....nothing like it .
So what this 2 days brought home to me is how easily we judge and how we keep going into others territory where we have no business . I know I judge and as someone who has been working on myself for years, I'm now going to put more work into this aspect of my life - being conscious of it is half the battle won .The issue of not going into other people's territory is easier for me to accept as I learnt this as a child. I used to wonder why my nanny prayed so hard and to me her life was the same I asked my mother and she explained to me beseeching prayers and the fact that God has given us everything we need and all we have to do is use it and not be begging him to do it for us . It explained to me later why grandmothers with their 'bad man' grandsons although on their knees praying morning, noon and night couldn't evoke change in their grandchildren if these men didn't want it to be so. As a Truth student, Rev. Sheila McKeithen further enlightened me as to why we must stay in our own territory and not be in other peoples business as it's your issue not mine and me taking it on can't help - we think because that person is our child or spouse it's fine - it's not - their issues are not our business and we can't work on it for them. Each of us have to fight our own battles and I can't fight yours and you can't fight mine - I can support you in your fight, be there for you but that's all I can do.
There were two speakers on the tour that stood out for me and that was Rob Bell and Iyanla Vanzant. Elizabeth Gilbert was also good and showed up this issue that I have which is why I have to work on judgment - I have never been able to separate the message from the messenger . I used to have a problem getting TD Jakes' messages because he is on the heavy side and had on all these ill lifting suits. Look on TD Jakes today flying in his private jet looking good in designer suits and taking his message to people like me who need it . JUDGE not!  Easier said than done though - I had difficulty hearing Elizabeth Gilbert's message as I had a hard time getting past the thought that she needed a stylist from head to toe so I listened but I didn't hear - I was too busy putting on a fabulous pair of black stilettos on her and taking off that thing around her neck and doing her hair where the curling iron marks weren't even brushed out - oh I could have given her a fabulous hair cut I guess it's the hairdresser in me but who am I to be judging Elizabeth Gilbert .....really ? Seriously??
Oprah was Oprah - comfortable in that 3 billion dollars worth of skin - as she likes to say ' I have a big life'  always saying the right thing,but on  Friday night i discovered just how much I knew about her life as I've followed her over the years.
Then for brawta there was my favourite girl from DWTS Amy Purdy cute as a button with the artificial legs in the black pumps Elizabeth Gilbert needed ......there I go again ....  how easy it is for us to slip and right now as you are reading this I know you are judging me but guess what? Whatever you think of me is none of my business so on we all go to create the life we want.
Thank you Father for giving me health and strength to attend this - thanks to the friend who suggested it and the friend who took me and paid for it and the friend who gave us his fabulous Miami Beach apt to stay. If you can see it .....you can believe it ......you can manifest it .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Love it!

(Angela)

Wahzat Gayle said...

Oh wonderful post.
It is really hard not to judge. I have been working hard on realising that I am not GOD and only he can change persons, things situations. Hard hard to do.
I so wanted to go to this Oprah conference but it clearly wasn't for me. So I am extra tickled that I found your experience of it. Glad you had a good time even if most of it was spent restyling the speakers LOL
Keep on being happy and strong