Sunday, September 28, 2014

These man-made viruses

I've started writing just in time for chikungunya - chik v ...... or as people like to call it chicken gunman, chicken gonorrhea, chicken gungu - many a name for it - much panic over it .
I guess because I live with cancer it doesn't scare me as the bottom line is that it's not a killer it's just very painful and the itching drives you out of your mind......thank God when you contract it the side effects are mostly short lived but if you get a bad dose it can keep reoccurring for a few years they say. I really don't know. I know I've stepped up my antioxidants as waiting on chik v to hit you is like me living with cancer and waiting on the other shoe to drop - you don't know when - you only know it's coming ......the virus has no known cure but just make sure you take plenty antioxidants to prevent you from succumbing to the worse of its side effects.

  1.  So this brings us to Jamaica and it's management or more accurately mismanagement of solid waste. When do we intend to do something about it ? The place I lived before my present home had no garbage collection so everyday we would find the nearest skip to throw our garbage - most people find the nearest gully to throw their garbage so it's out of their eyesight but here comes the rain and the sea looks like this where I now live in MoBay.


When are the powers that be going to do something about it ? When are we going to stop being so nasty ? Plastic bottles and scandal bags are killing the nation and since we are an island we can't truck our waste to another state and pretend it doesn't exist. Listening to people on the television talking about their experience with this new virus I realize just how illiterate our nation is. Although the experts say, and I do believe , this is a virus transmitted by mosquitoes - when mosquitoes bite you during the day most of us don't realize it - there are all sorts of ridiculous stories going around on how you contract it - People! Fenton Ferguson did not cause it. . My firm belief is that the origins of this virus, along with many others, is man-made -  Brazil just released thousands of mosquitoes aimed at controlling dengue fever.....messing with Mother Nature never ends well yet we continue to do it, we never learn. Know that our future with all these man-made diseases that they can't control is going to make our life a living hell so clean up your community ......NOW 

No comments: