Sunday, September 14, 2014

I'm back

To all of you who were worried that I had expired I'm still hanging in there I've just not felt to write although I've had a lot of thoughts running around my head so definitely lots to say.


Peter Lloyd serenading me
In Nov 2012 after my last post I had the greatest 60th birthday party given to me by my close friends - it was sensational Peter Lloyd performed and my son, his ex wife and my grand daughter who all live abroad flew in to surprise me along with a lot of my long time friends from near and far so I was properly surprised.
One thing with being given two weeks to live 36 years ago is that you have lots of fun as people don't wait to appreciate you, they tell and show you daily. In turn I try to pay it forward as it makes me have a better quality of life
While I was away from my blog  I had another run-in with cancer - a lump bubbled to the surface of my left breast so I found out that implants won't prevent lumps from showing up - if they are there they will appear and hopefully you will catch it in time - my Doctor knowing I'm not a chemo / radiation girl had a long talk with me and explained that since it had been sitting there for sometime , as obviously they missed a few cells when they took off my breasts in 2011 , he would advise me to have radiation .
Deep thoughts and plenty money later , I was graduating from radiation oncology with flying colours. As I sat there every week day for 5 weeks for my 15 min treatment , lots of thoughts went through my mind ......why do so many cancer patients have someone with them when coming for radiation if they are able to drive or walk ? Why do we get so worried about cancer? We don't go home and die when we hear we have hypertension or diabetes so why do we get depressed and die when we hear we have cancer?  I feel better to be alone at such times as our family and friends don't deal with the thought of losing us too well  and they all feel we are going to expire at a moment's notice so it's less depressing to be by myself until such time when I need the physical support .... Why do these places look so depressing ? We need positive reinforcement at these times so why can't we make these places pretty???? when people who have been diagnosed with cancer go to Doctors, and they tell us we must continue same way,we mustn't change a thing - that we can eat  jerk pork and drink Pepsi
etc is it because they humour us as they feel we are going to die anyway so let us go out happy ? I think if we doing something and it hurts us shouldn't we change what we are doing and try and clean up our act or won't it come back? Anyway enough rambling for one Sunday morning it's great to be back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valid questions Pat!

Anonymous said...

Would love to meet you....truly admire your strength and realness <3