Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Prayer

There were so many things I wrote about in my mind while I was away from my blog and now I'm back I can't remember a thing LOL.
Today my thoughts are about how much I would have missed if I hadn't made it til now. I would have missed all these school challenge quizzes which happen to be my favourite television shows ....why? they give me hope for my country - the youngsters are just the best - when they get a right answer you can literally see their 'glad bag bust' their eyes light up and they struggle not to smile and they look over to their coaches to get  approval. Some days I'm so tense watching them that I shudder to think what they are going through ....I just watched a repeat broadcast and the little boy from South Borough Primary burst out in tears when he realized time was running out and they were behind...of course among the high schools I would have missed is all of KC's wins -yes , I carry KC in everything quiz, track, football - fortis for life. My greatest joy now though is watching 'no name' schools doing better and better every year. I urge all my peeps to watch SCQ it will warm your heart .....watch it instead of the news and know that Jamaica does have a bright future we just all need to see it .
People ask me all the time what do I do to keep from getting depressed after getting yet another cancer diagnosis - they want to know how do I keep trucking on. Well in my case I never get depressed, I am just getting tired of the fight - feeling fed up .....it's not an easy road and I've had the diagnosis 5 times . The older I get, things that used to not hurt , hurt terribly now. My last biopsy my doctor couldn't believe I was crying as he is not used to that from me but it just hurt so much....as we walked to the lab he said ' Pat you're still crying' I said 'I am don't let it bother you' I cried from he stuck the first needle in me till I went to the cashier to pay for the test, the cashier summed it up best "Ah Mrs. Wright once again my prayers go with you". So what I do to get through it is always to have a prayer in my heart.
My favourite prayers are 'Thank you Father," and " Father help me " short and to the point.
So to all of you - keep a prayer in your heart and on your lips and choose life not depression.
My every morning prayer as I realize that I'm awake is The Prayer of Faith which says -
God is my help in every need
God does my every hunger feed;
God walks beside me, guides my way 
through every moment of this day. 
I now am wise, I now am true, 
patient and kind and loving too. 
All things I am, can do, and be
through Christ the Truth that is in me.
God is my health, I can't be sick 
God is my strength unfailing quick
God is my all, I know no fear
since God and love and truth are here.
God is my wealth, I can't be poor.
God is my true abundant store. 
His indwelling presence brings to me;
health, happiness and prosperity.

Thank you Reverend Sheila!

No comments: