Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful for life

One of the things I really like about the USA is Thanksgiving Day - not the sales or the gluttony but taking time out to reflect on just how much we have to give thanks for.
To all the complainers out there who live in this fabulous country , Jamaica -try giving instead of complaining - if we give love instead of hate what a country we would have - if we took the time to help instead of dragging down – wouldn’t all our people be better off?
I heard two Americans cussing Obama for not sending ground troops to fight Isis - would they want their children included in one of those troops? Isn't it great for the USA to have a President that is not an alarmist like the one before him that got rid of Saddam and caused Isis?
I give thanks everyday for Life - didn't have to be here but I am and in good shape- well loved and happy- I could run/walk this morning- I can eat I can drink no one brought a bedpan for me or came to give me a sponge bath- I have a job and staff that care for me and great friends.
When I look back at the past 37 years I say look at all I would have missed if I didn't realize early that we are all going to die but illness begins and ends in our minds so I should enjoy life .....I would have missed my real and adopted children coming into their own and being successful and teaching me so much. I would have missed my 2 gorgeous grandchildren - what a miss out that would have been!
I would have missed Jamaica taking over the track and field world - Asafa leading the way for Usain to break records and ShellyAnne showing the world what a short island girl can do.
I would have missed a highway that takes me 9 mins from Moneague to Linstead.
I would have missed my church UCT, my minister Rev Sheila McKeithen and the fabulous singers that make any Sunday morning that I am able to attend the greatest time spent listening to God’s gift of music.
I would have missed iPhone6s+ in other words I would have missed all the technology that came after I was given 2 weeks to live in 1978. I would also have missed the great friends I now have in my life like the one that loaned me a phone when mine dropped and the face broke - do we remember to give thanks for things like that?
So on this Thanksgiving Day and every day that I'm still around – for things big and small - thank you God!

1 comment:

Phyllis A. Green said...

PJ, I give thanks for you and the lessons I have learned from knowing you for the past 41 years! Please continue being my teacher in so many ways!! I love you!!

Phyllis