Saturday, August 15, 2009

EAT FROM NATURE OR EAT PROCESSED?

Well my family likes to laugh at me because I brush my teeth with a certain product, I only use a certain dishwashing liquid and wash my clothes with a certain detergent etc.
I`m not fortunate like them, I have a compromised immune system so I research and know that the assault of chemicals is not only through food it's everywhere....all these people with allergies and sinusitis, I do not wish to be one of them, I have enough issues. Well after reading an article on shampoos, I know I am right... laugh on guys......remember lead in lipstick ? Right now you wouldn`t find me putting those long lasting lip glosses on my lips, as you know we will soon be hearing that there is something in them to cause cancer.....all the cheap makeup, do you know what's in them?
Just like how my mother moved us from butter to margarine, and sugar to Equal and from good old fresh milk with the cream on top to pasteurized,now we are all going back kicking and screaming and calling it organic as we learn that margarine is plastic and better we stay with good old brown sugar and scald the fresh milk...I`ll just stay in the past.
See all the people using toothsoap now...I wonder why?
Any thing I can`t pronounce must not go in my body!
I offered a friend Valerian root tea to sleep instead of Ambien..he says he believes in chemicals, well we`ll see......
There must be a reason why we are going back to nature. It's a little harder for us than our grandparents as everyday you see in the news '30 worst foods' or '10 foods with the most pesticide and herbicide'.....It never stops, we really don`t know what to do, eating fresh has problems, but I believe it has less problems than eating man made. When we eat the man made stuff we get in worse trouble. HFCS caters to all of you who like to say "I have a sweet tooth".....that is one ingredient I can do without!
Right now I am doing what I will continue to do....try to eat from nature and not from factory processed e.g ice cream made by my son from frozen fruit and put through the Champion juicer - presto instant ice cream - doesn`t get better than that, simply delicious, and guess what? I can pronounce all of the ingredients!
Last night the ingredient was BANANA !

No comments: