Wednesday, August 12, 2009

FUN IN THE SUN

Well I`ve been having fun in the sun with my eldest son and granddaughter....

I am one of those who never can take off time when the father has shown me in no uncertain terms that I need to stop and smell the roses.... well I did and had such a wonderful time over JA's independence weekend. Mark you I was only a phone call away from work but asked my staff to please only call in case of emergency although their view of what is an emergency is a little different from mine, I still got a 2 day break, and the other days although spent popping in to work was done with family en tow....
My granddaughter is 3 she will be 4 next March and I know we were not that aware at that age! Is it the prenatal vitamins mothers now take? Is it more stimulation at a younger age? But something is happening.....My godson who will be 3 next week is also holding his own with her being 6 months older and at times he behaves as if he is the one large and in-charge.
I haven`t spent a week with my eldest son non stop in a long time actually not since he had the worse case of adult chicken pox last Sept.
I honestly believe that when your children grow up and have their own families you need a little alone time with them to just simply catch up so this was done in car drives without the entire family ..I have a friend whose daughter comes for a week at Christmas before the rest of her family comes for some alone time, I think its a great idea!
Things I noted..... how much I prefer papa to daddy, and how the diets of Americans and Europeans differ and contribute to our bad bathroom habits......how much we are responsible for our children's diets......
My son will eat properly if given the food but working and eating in a mall doesn`t make for healthy eating habits and not if your mother brought you up on Pepsi as she didn`t know better.
But since both of them arrived not being "regular" and in 2 days they were having regular movements - I proved that eating well (fruit and vegetables) is our best remedy!
I also watched as others who try to eat well normally, when in the company of people who eat badly , succumb quickly!
I also note how when people are eating badly, they hide from me or expect me to say something.....pleez....we are all responsible for our own lives and I am too busy fighting hard not to succumb too many times!!!!!!
Thanks Kats.....That was better than any hotel...I guess love made the difference.

No comments: