Thursday, December 10, 2009

Acidosis

According to Dr. Mercola acidosis is an overly acidic state in the body, caused by an acidic diet and lifestyle. Here is his take on the matter:
Cooked meats, poultry, sugar, pasteurized dairy, coffee, sweeteners, and alcohol are all acidic. Vegetables, fruits, and nuts are all alkaline - the opposite of acidic. There needs to be a balance to combat the acid in our bodies, but this is not happening.
All the food we crave is acid forming and over acidification of body fluids is linked to almost EVERY KNOWN DISEASE. Some examples are Diabetes, Heart Diseases, Heartburn, Chronic Fatigue...just to name a few. And yes cancer !!
During Menopause, women can become extremely acidic. Our bodies use calcium and other minerals to buffer this acidity. That calcium loss can lead to osteoporosis. We need balance! We need to fight the acidity
.
WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO ALL OF THIS????
Of course Dr. Mercola recommends his supplements ... and I'm all for supplementation but eating fruit and vegetables is something we can do immediately, if we can`t afford supplements....
I`m living breathing proof that eating a diet of vegetables that I hate and fruits that I love work...4 years later I`m still holding on with a great quality of life.... Saturday night I was up until 4am after attending a benefit concert hosted by Usain Bolt which was great by the way.....I went back to a mainly cooked food diet why I don`t know and trust me 'mash up' and 'pop dung' are words that describe how I feel when I eat that way.
Note Bryant Gumbel just said he has cancer too. People wake up and smell the roses this thing is attacking us all.....so while we gorge ourself with crap this coming season lets remember we want to see 2011 and beyond!
Look at all what we would have missed if we didn`t see 2009!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

PAT WRIGHT said...

Dear anonymous
Thank u for your kind words,after doing it for 2 years i am glad i`m getting better ready to write the book now!:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I just like the helpful information you provide on your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check once more here regularly. I’m rather sure I will be informed plenty of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!