Monday, December 7, 2009

KEEP YOUR BODY PREPARED

Michael Johnson of track and field fame held open a door for me last week....I said to him "not every day Michael Johnson opens the door for you " for as a serious track and field fan it made my day......... Another thing that brightened up my day was going into my accounts office at work and 2 of the account executives commented on the fact that they just feel my energy when I stride into their office...now that's a huge compliment at my age because when I look around me most of the people my age are wobbling.
As I walked out it dawned on me that I really try to bring all of myself to everyone I meet, not sure if it works all the time but I try. Reading Dr.T`s health tips this week he hit upon something I truly believe and keep telling you guys "PREVENTION BETTER THAN CURE" so here it is for all who have not yet read it -
My approach to disease has become very cause and effect. If you work in the sun too long, you are going to get burnt. After you get burnt, you might put on some aloe vera to ease the pain.
Maybe the answer is to put on plenty of sun block before you mow the lawn. That makes sense right??? But the western way of thinking is to get sick and then take some medicine to treat the illness.
Actually,the sunblock isn't the total answer either. It's keeping your body prepared !!
Why not keep your body at its most healthy level and prevent illness all together? There are many chronic ailments that are very preventable that plague America. Unfortunately, health care in the USA has become "sick care" I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure," so don't be reactive to disease and illness - be proactive in their prevention"
So the old Jamaican saying runs true everywhere and if we can just keep our bodies prepared then when all the things that come to attack us, be it the swine flu/H1N1 or the dengue or the SARS we would always be prepared so we wouldn`t have to be caught up in the pharmaceutical dramas of the day, and trust me, there are lots of those!

No comments: