Monday, June 7, 2010

JAMAICA'S 4 G's - GARRISONS, GANGS, GUNS AND GULLY CREEPERS

As you know my little island of wood and water has been going through some trying times, so I`ve not been able to blog on a regular basis as following the news has distracted me from fighting cancer because I now need to be fighting for my country.....What I need to remember though is that I need to have health to do this , so it's more important than ever to eat properly but while I remind myself of that I want to share with you some of my thoughts on my beloved country.........For years we have known that Mr Seaga's model community was the "mother of all garrisons", in Jamaica we have 80 garrisons - these are communities where the police and soldiers have to consult the reigning Don if they want to enter, the member of parliament is usually also informed or they tell him/her and he asks the Don - however it works - they can`t just go in there as they like......How can an island this size have 80 such communities and 45 gangs?
How can the Mayor of Kingston (who incidentally is also the councillor for Tivoli) buy a piece of land for JA$20m and build a house worth JA$70m and he was not independently wealthy before he was voted in and no one asks where did the funds come from ???? He is carrying more mortgages than some of our biggest business men- shouldn`t we ask how come ?
How can we launch an investigation into whether ordinary civilians also died in the recent incursion into Tivoli - aren`t gunmen civilians too ? Do they dress in special clothes to come and steal from or shoot you or me ? Those who died innocently are casualties of war!
How come after 1 day so many bodies were decomposing ? Did anybody not think that those people were killed before the armed forces went in ? How come the Tivoli residents who were demonstrating 2 days before in their white T Shirts saying they were going to die for Dudus didn't have food in their houses and were starving 24 hours after the soldiers secured the area ? I guess since they were going to die they didn`t need food right?
Do we really believe that men who have committed crimes are not going to use sewage and storm drains to make their escape ? Last time I checked sewage washes off and where do you think the Gully Creeper dance came from ?? We need to listen more closely to the dance hall lyrics and be educated !!!!
Why are we up in arms when the armed forces leave downtown and come uptown to do their work ? Are criminals only situated downtown ? Dudus didn`t live in Tivoli but in a upscale, uptown , multimillion dollar mansion !!!
How come the 5 per day killings have reduced to 2 every other day since the Tivoli raid ? Could it be that some of the shottas who came to fight for Dudus from all over the island really died there ??? If that isn`t true how come their mothers and wives are coming to identify them from all over the country?
What I learned from this is that the big bad gunmen cannot stand up to the armed forces, what a relief !!! Please Mr. Police and Mr.Soldier don`t stop - please clear all 80 garrison -especially those in Mo-bay.
Please Jamaica stop listening to propaganda...Renato told you this years ago and tried to do the clean up from then and you put him behind a desk.....
We need to make crime a thing of the past in Jamaica we have major problems coming..... The oil from Mr. BP that is going to give many countries no water to swim in for years to come - hopefully it wont be coming this way but If the hurricane season they are predicting manifests this year as they say its going to, I am here to tell you that we will be in deep trouble as who nows where the oil will go then...... I went swimming in the sea yesterday and I was swimming in WARM water That's not a good sign people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog and couldn't agree with you more....I hear sooooo much propaganda all day....listening to the radio is painful.............and I wonder why we all can't just speak the TRUTH.....that includes up-town and down town.......it is only the truth that will free Jamaica from the crime and violence and extortion and thuggery that grips us.............we need to acknowledge that innocent people died....but all that fire power that came against the state did not come from a few men with pistols!!!!

I agree, we MUST win this war and win it now!!! This is Jamaica, land WE love!!!

Anonymous said...

As far as Jamaicans in general were concerned, it was all a big joke as long as they were able to maintain the artificially inflated lifestyle they have become accustomed to.
No one in Jamaica sees anything wrong with "dropping" the clerk at the motor car licensing office a "500.00" to license an unfit car etc. this is the tip of the iceberg.
Now that the country it truly reeling and coming to a grinding halt because DUDUS is running the country and the foreign press is exposing it and it now dawns on the so called affluent middle class that their lifestyle has been threatened, they are all becoming holier than thou.
The Mayor is one out of all of them, starting from the police on the beat right up to the prime minister and head of the opposition.
Jamaica is the new Haiti and short of a dramatic commitment to honesty and living within our means, the country is doomed. The old guard has nothing to offer because they condone the lifestyle whether covertly or overtly.
that is my preaching for now
One Love!

Betty C!

Anonymous said...

Funny one of your articles mentions eating to blood type. Only recently, a friend of mine mentioned she was trying the concept and pointed me to a website that encouraged me by saying how flexible my blood type is (B pos) but suggested I remove chicken and whole wheat from my diet. I have been doing my best not to eat either, even as my job dictates that I live in hotels more than half of each month.
Regarding the propaganda, let us return to the ex Governor of the BOJ; how can a man who grew up in the same humble circumstances I did, and, has always had a public sector job - first in the regional CDB, then the BOJ - amass so much wealth of real estate and business -has anyone considered the amount of time it takes to manage so much wealth? How much of that time was the 40 hours per week that the BOJ was paying him for? My Father always said that if you were employed to do 40 hours work per week, even doing 39 was taking your employers money "under false pretenses"; in other words "tiefing" from your Employers. My point is that the corruption is now systemic and only Jamaicans can stand up "EN MASSE" and say, "No more, let us live within our means, by the sweat of our brow on what our Country can produce". When we show a total committment to such principles, then I think you will see the Jamaican Diaspora ready and willing to return and contribute