Wednesday, March 12, 2008

CHEMO BRAIN

I was watching TV this morning and heard 2 of the talking heads saying that why Geraldine Ferraro was making these comments is because she has "chemo brain."
That comment brought back such memories. I still have "chemo brain" as honestly i have to admit my brain still hasn`t come back. I remember nothing, and u feel u are in a fog 24/7, but guess what ? U ARE IN A FOG 24/7. This drug kills everything in you and the healthy cells are supposed to grow back.......Do they always grow back? NO..........THEY DON`T.
I saw Mrs.Ferraro this morning on TV and u can see she is being ravaged..........It's not only externally, Think what must be happening inside?
I was telling my husband about it and he said that he saw a man on BBC talking about the fact that while he was doing chemo he went outside by his pool one late afternoon and he noticed that the mosquitoes that bit him dropped dead immediately....He was that toxic.
I REST MY CASE.
My holistic practitioner tells me my 2 rounds will take 2 years to come out my body. All of these people having chemo for 1 year how long will that take to come out their bodies ?
How bad will their "chemo brain" be?
They say that cancer etc. comes in when your body gets acidic. Isn`t it easier to try and keep your body alkaline? Why do we not heed the warnings when we get them? I look around me and i think one of the reasons is attention. We thrive on the attention we get when we are sick.
Don`t we just love the visits? When i think about it I haven`t seen lots of my friends since i`ve "recovered" some don`t even call. So u stay sick so you get the attention that you need.
Well all u have to do is call them, they are still your friends, they still love you, u are just not the focus of their attention anymore.
Some of us thrive on having headaches, the favourite one being migraines, when u ask them how are they its always a long story on the latest ailment....
The older you get the more needy u get as the children are busy with their lives so to see them more u get sick. We need to stay healthy so we can go and look for them, and offer help where we can.
We need to stop crying wolf as there are enough wolves out there ready to bite us, AND BITE US THEY WILL.

1 comment:

creativespace said...

Hi Pat:
first time coming on and reading your blog. It's so wonderful. So inspiring - You write about what I like to read about. Have you read that book about 'cures they don't want us to know about?' or something like that. Anyway - I thoroughly enjoyed the reading. And it was so good to see Saj and his beautiful family.
Michael Holgate