Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CHEESE PLEASE?

I got a bbm from a friend vacationing and she said "u want to see the cheese every night, about 20 kinds to choose from in this hotel.....the offerings here are unbelievable,indulging big time every night in good food and wine!"
Want to take bets that she comes back sick ?
Did I hear anybody say gout ? Have you noticed that gout is usually a rich man's disease because they can afford to indulge ?
Well it's a good thing I`m not there....20 kinds of cheese ? I would be coming back as a tub of mucus which she certainly is going to be coming back as. Cheese has to be the most addictive foodkind in the world, just think, sprinkling a little cheese on everything doesn't it taste better ? But what kind of cheese are we sprinkling ? What pack did we open ? Don`t start, you will only end up like me not being able to give it up and no matter how clean I get , cheese and bread can get me off track in a second....I dislike lobster but give me lobster thermidor and I`m in heaven. I keep telling you that food addictions are just as bad for us as a lot of the other addictions that we fear so much but we think nothing about pushing all this processed food in our mouths and food, the more delicious the better, makes the world go around......now what I`m talking about is not to be confused with the Mediterranean diet that is one of the healthiest diets ever, goat cheese one of the healthiest cheeses......I`m really talking about indulging in even the best cheese there is combined with the typical western diet which has to be the worst in the world.....plus do we know the difference between real cheese and processed cheese ?
I just don`t know how we are going to fight this battle our taste buds are so addicted. The raw food world is trying to make things as delicious as they can but cashew cheese pales in comparison to a ripe brie, and the ripe brie is usually paired with a salad drowned in ranch salad dressing (my all time favourite )olive oil and cider or balsamic vinegar (NOT white vinegar) is the answer people to what to put on the salad.....
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER so lets make ourselves powerful!

1 comment:

Evelyn Parham said...

Enjoyed your post! I've indulged a while back and I didn't feel well after wards, so I'm staying away from it. Take care!