Wednesday, April 16, 2008

AWAKENING TO A NEW ME

HOW YOU REACT TO PEOPLE AND SITUATIONS, ESPECIALLY AS CHALLENGES ARISE, IS THE BEST INDICATOR OF HOW DEEPLY YOU KNOW YOURSELF - Eckhart Tolle
In my last blog I wrote about giving not knowing that Eckhart Tolle`s chapter 7 is all about that......so today I begun reading chapter 7 thinking i was going to find out who i truly am, but it's all about giving, therefore being aware so u can find out who u truly are. I thought i was aware, but while reading the chapter i had such an experience that i know before this book is finished i might BECOME truly aware so i can really figure out what my life`s purpose is....i have an idea and its getting clearer day by day......
In the previous chapters we have been learning about ego and the roles we play and what our painbody is etc. I thought i had somewhat evolved as i`ve been working on myself for a very long time but knowing fully well i haven`t reached far enough as i wouldn`t be manifesting all these health issues if i had....
I have gone from what do i want to what does life want from me? Two entirely different statements trust me ......
So I who normally internalize most things that upset me, unless i`m at work, found myself throwing a tantrum of no mean order using words i would never ordinarily use - this was all done on line but it was like doing it face to face and the only way i can describe it is, i was having a hissy fit .......... why? A person who i have called a friend my entire adult life, let me down.......My mother always told me that those of us who know better must do better.... well i couldn`t stop carrying on.......i ranted and raved, i could hear myself, i could hear my mother, i even heard Eckhart Tolle and Oprah but i wouldn`t stop.
I guess i needed to get whatever it was out........ It had nothing to do with what was happening in that moment, but we know what we rant and rave about is normally not the reason we are ranting and raving anyway.......
It had years of baggage behind it. I was just tired of being used or should i say i was tired of constantly allowing myself to be used , I guess seeing the "ego" in them strengthened the "ego" in myself but guess what? TO BE AWARE is everything so as Mr. Tolle says " when you realize that what you react to in others is also in you, you become aware of your own ego. At that stage you may also realize that you were doing to others what you thought others were doing to you. YOU CEASE SEEING YOURSELF AS A VICTIM."
Lesson learnt sir!

No comments: