Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The GO-GIVER

There is a simple book out now by Bob Berg that has a simple message it's called the Go-Giver and its all about the laws of giving and how wonderful life can be if u are a giver...It also shows u that if u give u must receive and how u must remain authentic in your giving....i think all of us should read it.....I hear many of us in managerial positions are giving it to our staff........great idea.......if only we all would read and inwardly digest.....what a world this would be!
U know a friend of mine asked me recently how i go about giving from my core as he has known me for 35 years and it always seems to come naturally to me............I have never known any other way ,and i realize that i really don`t give it any thought, he said he has to think about it . Well last week when i gave a lady with bad diabetes who had a foot the size of a watermelon my last thousand dollars i had to wonder if i should start thinking about it, but honestly it's too late and i`m too old to change now.
I`m not going to give the drug addicts and the windshield wipers, and i don`t give children as i`m not encouraging this begging mentality that permeates Jamaica, but giving makes me feel good.
This woman always sits on the piazza outside Scotiabank, New Kingston and she really has a foot that's septic........Some of u must have seen her......Of course I have to give her a lecture on food as her diabetes is off the wall, here i am in the middle of the street interviewing her...........Don`t tell me she can`t get help other than "sugar pills" which is what her doctors have given her.............My dream is to have enough money that people like that can come into health...how wonderful it would be to take her off the streets (she is very clean)and put her on a proper diet and give her proper supplementation and bring back her health.....
All my adult life a bowl of roasted peanuts was a must before climbing into bed to watch tv every night. About 5 years ago my feet said no more..........I could barely walk, by process of elimination i found out it was the peanuts..........so there endeth my favourite past time........... no more peanuts.......By the time I was told i should not eat peanuts as part of my new food regime i was long over it . Watching my husband continue the habit made me wince as roasted peanuts smell so good.
Only to be told by him last week that he has stopped eating peanuts, when i asked why i was told " it causes my legs to pain me"
ah ha..........
Welcome to the club!

No comments: