Wednesday, August 6, 2008

RAW FOOD CLEANSE

I have 2 members of my staff and a close friend on a cleanse.
ONLY RAW FOOD CAN BE EATEN,THAT MEANS ONLY FRUIT AND VEGETABLES, LOTS OF SMOOTHIES AND SOUPS, NO NUTS, NO OIL. SO THAT MEANS NOTHING LIKE AVOCADO, BUT ALL THE MANGO IN THE WORLD....And it's just confirming how hard this food thing is and how much it's killing us.
My friend eats relatively well, my staff eat abominably and because of that struggle to use the bathroom.
FRUIT AND VEGETABLES IS MAYBE A BANANA with SOME MELON and A PIECE OF PINEAPPLE, first thing u notice is melon is always in the mix, and we should know by now, that melon must be eaten by itself....we do so many things that we have no idea is not good for us and if u sit with these food scientists and u hear them talking about mixing sweet fruit and sour fruit etc. it would just blow your mind.
I think if we stick to moderation in all things we will not overdo anything. We all KNOW that the way to stay healthy is to keep our body alkaline,so once we find out what makes us alkaline we just put more of them in your diet.
I keep hearing that fruits are acidic....Please do your homework all fruits on entering the body are alkaline...
My staff also love to eat less by eating cream crackers when they are hungry.....What are the crackers made of ? Read the labels and freak, BUT what u really need to do without ASAP is THE WHITE FLOUR .
Also we Jamaicans cannot have tea or coffee without condensed milk! why? Isn`t that killing the flavour of what u are drinking?
Do not say you can`t bother to give up these things and then start bawling when u hear your maker has pressed the recall button on you.
If u are trying try, don`t say you can`t bother. Also don`t keep asking me to pray for u but as the results come in and they are alright u celebrate with a barbeque....You got the warning ....Take heed.
In our world surely enough, one of those tests will be coming back wrong if not today, then tomorrow.
Nowadays it seems as if we all know someone,if they are not a friend or a family member then it's us.
My raw food expert Fred Paternaud, says even he sometimes slips and slides, and sometimes just comes off the raw food wagon and I know if my son wasn`t whipping up here i don`t know what i would do......any day he doesn`t give me lunch the temptations in the hotel dining room with the fried chicken and the curry goat is great, as to the oatmeal raisin cookies which are sugar cookies and nothing but sugar cookies......Nobody is saying its easy ,but for quality of life,IT HAS TO BE DONE.
I don`t know how people eat bland ,vegetarian food, and some of my friends don`t realize that they are fat and unhealthy because they are not going to the Olympics this week, so why are they eating so much carbs ? When are they going to burn it off ? While sitting in front of the computer? I think not!
I`m listening to the moans and groans as they detox and the headaches and cravings start,also the rashes come up and the running to the bathroom lightens their load.
My 2 staff members are dying as they have to give up dumplings for 10 days.......These are women that shouldn`t eat dumplings ever again in life......one weighs 273 down from 287 because i have her eating fruit all day......Her solution to trying to lose weight is to stop eating ...... So wrong........Every other day they call in sick.
I`m not calling in sick , i get tired yes but sick , no!
They are sick weekly. Isn`t that enough to tell them something is wrong?
I give thanks the day i found 'raw/live' food as this week i had yam chips and sweet potato chips and onion bread, trust me they are delicious. I was fine snacking on them till a friend said to me (the one on the cleanse) " can u imagine this with a piece of brie on top?"
Yes i can .....And i`ve just got over my cheese addiction......... Or have i?

No comments: