Sunday, August 24, 2008

REFLECTIONS ON THE OLYMPICS IN CHINA

Japan beats USA in Softball, Netherlands Antilles beats USA in Water Polo.....The USA 4x100 relay teams drop the baton ..... Jamaica women's 4x100 relay team doesn`t get the baton around...Chinese 110 metres hurdler out due to injury causing tears and anguish ....allegations that Chinese gymnasts are underage, but most of all, what is happening with the American sprinters?
Let me tell u the chickens have come home to roost........They have to come to Jamaica and eat up the yam and the cassava and start again.......
Balco didn`t help them Jamdown will.
What did I like about the Olympics?.....I loved the fact that the opening ceremony that we saw on TV is not what happened in the 'BIRD'S NEST' - China being China..remember this is the age of TECHNOLOGY ! Those in the stadium can buy the DVD.
I love the way Jamaican musicians can come up with tributes in 30 seconds flat like my favourite "We on the go" .......wonder if they have gold medals for that?
I love the fact that Usain is BOASY.....Jamaican word for show-off!
I love the fact that Michael Phelps is an unassuming young man..........(boring)
I love the fact that Dara Torres showed age is just a number
I loved how the mighty Americans weren`t so mighty after all (not only in sprint) without help (drugs)
I LOVED ASAFA IN WINNING STYLE IN THE 4X100 RELAY (nobody runs pretty like him )
I loved that Michael Frater couldn`t stop looking on his gold medal as it hung around his neck
I loved how the Chinese stood no matter whose anthem played
I loved the Jamaican men`s uniforms the shorts and tops nice, the jackets on the podium for both teams, nice, the opening ceremony uniforms for the women, nice.
I loved MA beating WANG in table tennis (the battle of the Chinese)
I loved the black, yellow and green,and hearing the Jamaican anthem daily in the last week, I`m sure I saw a Chinese woman singing it
I loved the flags always flying never drooping (what technological marvel is fixed in the pole?)
I loved the Chinese in the opening and closing showing us what precision is all about
I love the way the crime took a holiday in Jamaica as the olympics unified the country
I loved how Half-way-tree became BEIJIN'
I LOVE THE FACT THAT EVERYTHING THAT MOVES IN JAMAICA HAS A JAMAICAN FLAG, MY CAR HAS 3 ACTUALLY.

I DIDN`T LOVE ...couldn`t find much...
Sanya Richards complaining that her leg was hurting her.....then running the race of her life in the 4x400 relays
I didn`t love all the insinuations that Usain is on drugs....HE`S NOT!
I didn`t love the relay uniform for the Jamaican female relay team, The Athens one was far sexier
I didn`t love seeing my 4x400 boys come last.
I didn`t love Asafa coming 5th in the 100 metres
I didn`t love the way Rogge made himself look like a real fuddy duddy.
I didn`t like England trying to show us what they have to offer 4 years time (they should just read Shakespeare)
But most of all what is still bothering me this and every Olympics IS...........
I HATE THE FACT THAT THE POWERS THAT BE WILL NOT START THE INVESTIGATION INTO FLO-JO , HER TIMES AND HER DEATH AND ALL THOSE CONVULSIONS SHE HAD IN BETWEEN !
WHEN WILL MERLENE OTTEY GET HER GOLD MEDALS?

No comments: