Sunday, August 31, 2008

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

Practice it, as trust me u will be saying it!
I promised u all i would say nothing about Barack Obama till he was President but u know i have to talk about his nomination.U know i have to tell u that although i expected him to be the nominee, what a moment!
I felt so glad to be alive to see it....It moved me to my core.....And then after watching all the speeches on the different nights, Michelle looking simply gorgeous and showing us why her husband looks neither right or left, Hilary saying everything except what she really should say....I hope u realized she told u that a democrat needs to win in November, not that Obama has all that it takes to be that democrat....And then came her husband Bill being Bill and hitting all the right notes which somehow to me came off as a performance and not genuine, and then came THE NIGHT and THE SPEECH....And from he came on until he left the stage with family in tow, I sat mesmerized, memories of our own Michael Manley who had that same kind of charisma came flooding back to me.
Then and there i decided that if this man pulled 84,000 people to his nomination acceptance speech and doesn`t win the election it's not because of McCain and Mrs. Palin,(The Huffington Post is all over her today with some funny columns - read Kimberly Brooks ), IT IS NOTHING BUT RACISM!!!!!!! People could not bring themselves to vote for the black man just like how we PNP talk a lot of things about our party but when the day comes cannot vote Labour. Same thing.
Whether or not Barack Obama wins in November he, and we (black people) have won big time, as never in our wildest dreams could we imagine a black man would ever be a candidate for President of the United States of America. To my husband and best friend I say "oh ye of little faith....." It HAS happened !
And didn`t THE TEAM, he and Joe Biden, look good on '60 minutes' this evening!
MLK is smiling!

No comments: