Monday, June 8, 2009

Back on the rock

Well its good to know I`m missed....no, I`m not sick and nothing has happened to me, I took a break from everything and went to visit my grandaughter (yes I got to see her dad too but he`s second place now) ......of course this meant no blogging as it was quite a whirlwind trip but wonderful.....first to Washington to a symposium on health called 'Cracking the Code to Optimal Health' where the star there was Phyllis Hubbard the owner of Radiant Health Strategies ........she was simply fantastic then on I went to New Jersey to visit my family.......while there a friend dragged me to the Met where they were having a exhibition on fashion and the effect that the top models over the years had on it - "THE MODEL AS MUSE" - very impressive, then we wondered around viewing the other art exhibits some impressive, some less so,e.g. Are these 'Sherwin Williams' paint chips?.... Then on to the highlight of my trip (along with Naiyah of course ) going to have dinner at PURE FOOD AND WINE .......people let me tell you do not diss raw food till you have tried this place...no dessert you eat is as good as this ....my friend who pulled me to the Met who is not a raw foodist went with me as she thought it had both cooked and 'raw' well she started to have an attitude when she learnt it was purely 'raw', by the time the food started coming her tantrum turned into coos and she ended up trying everything including the cocktails
It's not cheap by any means but well worth every cent and I thank my 2 "children" Marvin and Sarah for the treat........

1 comment:

Loi said...

I LOVE Pure Food and Wine!!! I first heard about it when I was at school at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York.