Wednesday, June 24, 2009

EAT RIGHT & BELIEVE

Watching Michele Obama talk about trying to get her family to eat right made me realize how good she is for America as she is so real......It's not easy, but as she says it has to be done because she had seen the effect bad eating habits was having on the health of her children.....That's the truth but most of us don`t realize that asthma and diabetes etc. can all be traced back to food and what we are ingesting.
The colds and flus are due to us having low immune systems so all viruses come calling. Adults and children in the raw food world don`t suffer from colds and flus check it out.........strong immune systems!
Mrs.Obama's garden is key as she knows what she is eating...the problem with our foods now is that we don`t know what we are eating.......
I recently saw an article in The Independent newspaper that said that we must cook carrots whole not cut it up as carrots cooked whole are "better at fighting cancer” . The article went on to say that a study had found that when carrots are cooked whole, they contain 25% more of the “anti-cancer compound” falcarinol than if they are chopped up first. It also reported that boiling carrots whole retains more of their natural sugars, "making them taste better as well." Who knew that? Then there is the fact that I can hardly find any grapes with seeds so there you are, thinking you doing good eating grapes and steaming your carrots and you're not helping a thing. We could be making it worse, plus we have to remember to soak these fruits that we eat to get off the herbicides and insecticides,you know I never tire of telling you that as I have learnt the hard way.
I spoke to a lady yesterday who told me that buying organic was too expensive. She is on her 4th round of chemo in 3 years.........I couldn`t believe ...I had to point out to her that obviously chemo isn`t working and maybe it was time she tried something else.....plus buying organic or buying chemo which one is cheaper?
Another thing I recognized in her which I also saw in my friend who died recently ..the loss of mental energy. She was paying me lip service.... yes , she wanted to live .....yes, she had a wonderful family but it wasn`t coming from her core........in other words she didn`t have the fighter spirit, she felt defeated and it showed. So she is going through the motions but she really doesn`t believe.....NEWS FLASH....your mind is the biggest asset in the cancer fight...YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE TO ACHIEVE!

1 comment:

annp said...

Hi Pat,

Used to come to your salon off worthington road. I was so happy to read of your triumph. It's good when we share this type of info so that at least people who are willing to fight can have other options.

Ever thought of maybe suggesting the use of the glyconutrient formulas to Farrah and family? I feel so much for her...

Annp
P.S. No flattery...but girl, you are looking just as good at 50 as you do in earlier years...great going!!!