Thursday, November 26, 2009

GIVING THANKS FOR LEARNING ABOUT RAW FOOD

Today is Thanksgiving in the USA, the biggest holiday in the American calendar I would dare say although I believe we should give thanks every day ........ Frederick Patenaude, whose recipes were the first I tried and whose book was the first I read on raw food till I got into it and discovered Nomi Shannon and the Boutenkos etc, also has an interesting take on Thanksgiving - he is a French Canadian and always tells it as he sees it ...........
I do think it's important to sit down and give thanks to the "harvest" and be grateful in general for what life offers us.
One thing I'm especially thankful for is having discovered vegetarianism, raw foods and natural hygiene at a pretty early age. I started when I was 18 (with being a vegetarian), and although I've had a few ups and downs since then, I can say that my life would be quite different if I hadn't found out about this. Now at 33, I have more energy and vitality than when I was 16, and most importantly, I feel in control of my health, rather than being controlled by what happens to my health.
Another thing I'm grateful for is having found out the *right* information about health and raw foods.
For many years, I was confused and even though I thought I was following the best diet in the world, I was not getting the results. Instead of improving, my health was
deteriorating.
Then I discovered a very simple fact: I was eating too much fat! Nuts, oils and avocados were and important part of my diet, and even though I was eating a lot of fruit, I was still not eating nearly enough to give me the energy I was after.
That's certainly one of the most important health principles I've ever learned: eat enough fruit, and eliminate the fat.
Putting it in practice is another story! But I'm certainly grateful that I discovered these principles and many others. Otherwise, I would still be confused and probably not experiencing the health and energy I have now.
The best thing is you can have it too.
You can claim the health and vitality that's your birthright!
I can honestly say that discovering this information about health and the raw food diets is the best thing that ever happened to me. And I'm grateful for that.
But more important than having great information... is actually using it. So take amazing good care of yourself today, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving
!

No comments: