Monday, November 30, 2009

WATER

Talk to 9 out of 10 people and they will tell you they don`t like water!!!! What's to like about water???? It's tasteless.I hear people say it tastes bad well if you think so squeeze half of a lime in there, it will then become alkaline so that will make it double good for you....what you heard as a child about water being the staff of life still holds true today.
Most people are chronically dehydrated, which simply means that they are not drinking enough water and it is causing us to have complaints which carry a number of symptoms like "brain fog," "fatigue," and "exhaustion."
I have a friend that loves to blame everything on menopause when her problem comes from not drinking enough water. She doesn`t eat fruit or much vegetables and wonders why she is having such a rough 'change of life'....she is the one I gave the green powder and she has noticed such a difference.
Try drinking an 8 oz. cup of water today on the hour and see what happens. After doing that for two days, YOU WILL REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT WATER IS. Most of your aches and pains will disappear. If your urine is dark yellow and nothing is wrong with you, it is concentrated and carries that awful smell. Your urine is supposed to be clear or light yellow........First of all we should start the day out with a glass of water, and if you are not eating things like melon and chocho and lots of fruits and vegetables which carry water you need to be getting water from somewhere and it can`t be from sodas or sugar juices.
Then we have on the other hand the people who drink 20 glasses of ice cold water per day - yes I have one of those friends too she is constantly thirsty and is obviously not absorbing the water because it is too cold.......
Try getting used to drinking water at room temperature. After joining a line to buy a cube of ice for JA$5 after hurricane Gilbert, I was cured of anything with ice in it so when I heard I musn't have anything too hot or too cold, I was already used to this thing they call ROOM TEMPERATURE WATER.

2 comments:

Evelyn Parham said...

Great information you've shared about water. Water is so important and some of us don't even realize it. Didn't realize that drinking cold water can cause a person to be thirsty. More helpful information that I can share with others. Take care!

Anonymous said...

In North America,I am accustomed to drinking a lot of water daily, and I drink even more on the days that I go to the gym.
As you have noted, you should be drinking water each hour, on the other hand, you should also be urinating on the hour.
I do find that when visiting Jamaica, I have to make a point to drink adequate amounts of water..not sure why? I do contribute this sometimes to restaurants in Jamaica not providing enough water at the table at times and I get tired of asking for more....
Also as I run around in Jamaica, some of the public places are not "bathroom friendly"... so this creates some personal discomfort.
I join you on being advocates of drinking lots of water... and I don't mean Ocean Spray wata!