Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Is Junk food addictive?

Tell me about it.....since I moved back to Mobay I found my favourite mints and every evening I come home and eat them till my tongue burns and I know its killing me...even my stomach burns and imagine the sugar and the chemicals I`m putting in my body ? I wouldn`t even read the ingredients as I don`t want to know....I`m telling you this to show you that even those of us who try and are more disciplined than most, also fall off the wagon sometimes....most of us when we fall off the wagon just feel bad - when I fall off I`m playing around with death. When any of you, whose system is not compromised, slip and slide and when someone like me slip and slide, the result is very different......most people can just brush themselves off and start again, I have to wonder if my slipping has caused my tumour to start growing again...and still I do it.....I guess we are full of excuses for what our addictions over the years have done to us...I get the "I have a sweet tooth" every day from friends when we all know by now sugar is not good for us.... once I taste one of those mints, I have to have a bag.........addictions, addictions!!!!!Remember once you start eating the processed food you feel bad, you look bad and the cravings come rolling in. Research is showing that our brains may react in the same way to junk food as they do to drugs - check out this story in the Telegraph - Junk food as 'addictive as drugs'. Well that should be pretty obvious - just look at all the obese people around you! Do you think they want to be obese? Watch Biggest Loser....they don`t want to be fat, I don`t want to be sick, most of you don`t want to eat the garbage - yet you do (except the young lady who told me she loves MSG, and she was very serious).....
But the fact is we do...over to you Mr. Psychiatrist!

No comments: