Friday, May 16, 2008

'DEAD LEF'

Today i was hearing a story about someone whose father died and left him a working farm. His little brother started fighting him for it so he let him have it instead of fighting .....Usually i would agree with the person telling me that he had taken the high road....... Now i completely disagree - why? I went through it ...
IF your father dies and leaves you a business there is a reason for it. He obviously saw something in you and felt you would continue this business that he had spent his life building.
It is not the high road to give in to someone who u know cannot manage,all they will do is run it into the ground as want all lose all. It's better u hold on to what's yours continue to work it,so everyone will be better off in the long run......
I was an adoption so i felt that my mother had all right to her husband's business.After my father died,her brothers persuaded her that she was getting older and Ken`s head must have 'been knocked' why he left me his business and everything that went along with it.They told her she had no guarantee that i would be there for her ,they felt i would take the money and run,so.....
I sat back and did nothing when i found out that she had signed my name and sold the business for little and nothing, because i told myself i was an adoption therefore not entitled.....wrong move!
The person who they thought would have run out on her mother ended up looking after her, having her live with me till she died at 83, and did so on far less than i would have had if i had kept my fathers business going.
Always trust the process.

No comments: