Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Death!

Why do we not make things like wills and plan our funeral services while we are hale and hearty ?
When I was 24 and had my first bout of cancer I did a plan for my service as too often I go to services that have no bearing to the person in the casket or the urn...I didn`t want that to happen to me....I keep it in my Bible and it has remained basically the same, everybody I want to take part is still alive 30 years later.....some to sing have migrated but ASHE is always filled with new and exciting talent.
I finally realized that death due to illness is about choices.
Choice of treatment, choice of succumbing or fighting to survive, choice of going with dignity or going in misery.....lots of choices!
I feel death by illness gives you a chance to make things right ...why don`t we use that time ?
If you leave home today and have an accident or a heart attack you don`t have a chance but when you hear you have 6 mths to live you can achieve so much .... I have always wondered why Bob Marley put his family through the struggle they've had since his death when he could have left a will........
Why do we not make our peace with people we have up in our hearts ? We have to forgive them anyway in our struggle to survive so why fight just forgive them......why would you have anyone up in your heart anyway ? While you are stewing yourself they are off to the beach having a wonderful time, maybe they don`t even know you have them up and if they know maybe they don`t even care.
I met a lady a few years ago that told me she had me up from our high school days. Not only didn`t I know about it, I had no idea who she was nor did I care who she was and this woman had me up for something done in HIGH SCHOOL...Here we are in our fifties and she was upset with me, how totally absurd! When we met and she told me her issues we had a good laugh and she got over it........
Suppose that had not happened ? She would have gone to her grave with something troubling her, something that took 3 seconds to resolve and forgive. How many of us are like that ?
WE need to clean up our acts, we don`t know where or when the inevitable will happen .

No comments: