Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ARUGULA GOOD FOR GASTRIC ULCERS?

Great News ! When a favourite food of MINE is found to be great for something it makes me very happy.....
A salad herb – Rocket, better known as Arugula (Eruca Sativa) has depicted anti-ulcer properties, confirmed a Saudi Arabia-based research group.
The team noticed that Rocket extract depicts antisecretory, cytoprotective and anti-ulcer activities against experimentally-induced gastric lesions in rats.
The anti-ulcer properties are probably due to prostaglandin mediated activity and/or through antioxidant and anti-secretory properties.
Gastric ulcer is a common illness affecting millions worldwide, and despite several revolutionized treatments available for peptic ulcers and gastrointestinal disorder, there is no complete cure for the disease. Also, long-term use of drugs is believed to lead to several adverse affects. Hence, a more effective and safe anti-ulcer agent is the need of the hour.
Now to me arugula makes all salads taste better, so I love hearing this......I have found over the past 3 years that staying on track and eating a certain way is so difficult sometimes as the" wrong "food just calls my name and although I guess there is no proof medically that eating according to your blood type is better for you , I have found that eating this way makes me feel good, eating coconuts and tomatoes just doesn`t make me feel good like how a day of cho cho juice and raw ackee and greens does... That's because tomatoes and coconuts are not for my blood type (B).
When I have fruit all morning, eat according to my blood type for lunch and dinner preferably raw,a glass of raw almond milk sometime during the day, with my teas in between, my body just looks and works perfectly.Once I succumb to the call of what I KNOW I`m not supposed to eat, e.g cashew or sunflower seeds (whether I`m eating raw or not I get cravings and have to fight to get back on track).
I also think one of the major reasons I feel so bad when I go off track is because not only am I fairly clean (non-toxic) but because a lot of what I am eating I didn`t grow in my garden, or get from somebody who I knew grew it organically and I didn`t fix it myself or watch it being fixed, so I`m filling myself with GMO`S, which I told you about before....they are everywhere and in everything.
We need not wait for the results before taking the doctors advice to avoid Genetically Modified(GM) foods. People can stay away from anything with soy or corn derivatives, cottonseed and canola oil, and sugar from GM sugar beets—unless it says organic or “non-GMO.” There is a pocket Non-GMO Shopping Guide, co-produced by the Institute for Responsible Technology and the Center for Food Safety, which is available as a download, as well as in natural food stores and in many doctors’ offices,(IN THE USA)we need to do this for ourselves,our health depends on it!

No comments: