Thursday, September 3, 2009

LIVING WITH PURPOSE

I`ve always believed in quality of life .........and the fact that our lives must always be lived with purpose. Watching Ted Kennedy`s departure from a innings well played made me even more convinced.....
He LIVED his life making mistakes along the way but always championing the little man....in fact the high point of the service to me was the fact that his son addressed his caregivers (sounded like long time helpers) before he acknowledged all the Presidents seated there.......This article from the NY Times "After Diagnosis, Determined to Make a Good Ending"says it all if you admired the man it's a great read.
Then all this transitioning has made me reflect on why I`m glad to still be around
Things I`m glad I`ve lived to see
- NAIYAH my granddaughter who was born in March of 2006.....the year I had my last bout with cancer.I was very ill at her arrival but didn`t know how ill.....She has been a joy every time I`m with her. I live to hear her when she calls grandmaaaaa or when asked how is she she says 'I`m guuud'

- Usain Bolt behave as if he`s an UFO and watching the entire Jamaican athletic contingent come into their own,also right before my eyes the spectacle of a gunman scaling a wall over 8 ft. high and going through barbwire like it didn`t exist as he ran from police, and COMING TO THE REALIZATION that what I keep preaching is true......lots of hurdlers, high jumpers and Usain Bolts right here in Jamaica awaiting their chance.

- Experiencing 'raw' food, never knew I could eat 'raw' ice cream and eat delicious crisp chips all 'raw' and good for you.

- Listening as my sons say 'pearls of wisdom' that came from me.

And why I have to stay around.....I want to attend the 2012 OLYMPICS IN ENGLAND !

No comments: