Tuesday, September 1, 2009

DAILY MOTIVATION

After a speech one day, Zig Ziglar was approached by someone in the audience who said:
"Zig, it was a great speech, but...motivation doesn't last."
Zig said, "Bathing doesn't either. That's why I recommend it daily!"
DAILY.....That's why one has to repeat what we need to get across. Recently on CNN Sanjay Gupta`s show 'House Calls' cancer was the topic. He was at a cancer seminar in Ireland and was talking about how far treatment has come. One oncologist he interviewed said he doesn`t want his patients dying with dignity he wants his patients LIVING WITH DIGNITY and of course the show ended with food ......We always use food to help us heal after the diagnosis, but we are to eat this way BEFORE the diagnosis. Food is not the silver bullet we think it to be after the event, we need to prevent not repent, but we never ever change our lifestyles till we get the scare. Even AFTER some of us get the scare as soon as we hear we are fine we get right back to normal... we light up the cigarette and have a great meal of trans fats.....
I heard something great the other day......
'Eat more food without a bar code.'
Isn`t that the truth because colon, prostate, and breast cancer were almost unknown in Japan, until the Japanese began eating like Americans; within a few decades, their mortality from those diseases has skyrocketed.
When cancerous tumors are removed by surgery, they are 300% (!) more likely to grow back in patients with a "traditional Western diet" than they are in people who eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
This is from the Journal of the American Medical Association based on research that indicates that stray cancer cells seem to be stimulated by animal protein.
Eat less processed and artificial junk.If that doesn`t motivate us nothing will......WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT OUR HEALTH!
I know it's hard but the longer we stay eating THE FRUIT AND VEGETABLE WAY, the more we will get used to it....I watched some people recently eating plates of all kind of sprouts plus spinach, romaine, chard, mustard and basil with nothing on it,they were talking among each other as to how delicious it is......delicious??? I thought they were quite mad but they were glowing and the length of time they have been eating like this their taste buds only knew this,so I guess it was really delicious to them plus they motivate each other .......
I notice nowadays when I slip, the fried chicken leg doesn`t taste as good as it used to.....if only I could tell you I never slip....
Daily motivation also works as I think of things like EAT LESS AND EXCERCISE MORE each morning and this makes me not take the fry chicken.....
( I really need this mantra as exercise has never been my friend)

No comments: