Monday, September 28, 2009

My Belief

"Tell me your belief and I'll tell you what your life looks like."-Sasha Xarrian
Today I`m really feeling good as a few days ago my mailbox was filled with links to this article from Huffington Post : A Cure For Cancer ? Eating A Plant-Based Diet ...it has been my belief from I did my research after being diagnosed with DUKE C carcinoma that I was eating badly and that's why my problem kept recurring - I looked around me and saw that all who were in a similar position to me ate like me.The whole object to keeping healthy is to keep your body alkaline and for my whole life I have kept my body acidic!
So that brings me back to the old time Jamaican saying "belief kill and belief cure " which is just another way of saying the quote I started with.
People say how I look so healthy - it is because I believe in what I`m doing ..if more of us eat a plant-based diet 80% of the time, we would be better off..and by plant-based I don`t mean rice, yam, green bananas in one meal as we here in Jamaica like to do - I mean yam with vegetables, brown rice with vegetables etc....we go from too much protein to too much carbs and then wonder why we are riddled with diabetes and hypertension .
When I sit at a table to eat with people I've been preaching to - I see everyone roll their eyes ......but don`t worry, I`ve stopped talking, if you want to eat melon and pineapple after your stewpeas with pigs tail, I will not be saying a word, I have said it often enough - not troubling you again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!I know you have said it but do people even know when to eat fruits? I am teaching my son.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely delighted to discover this. Good job!