Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Look who's dancing and other news of the day

Look who is about to take dancing lessons - we have not done one class yet we are doing a ballerina pose
and tap dancing Okay the most important news making the rounds re pesticide residue in fruits and vegetables is the dirty dozen and clean fifteen.It comes from the Vegetarian Health Institute.....
Most contaminated: THE DIRTY DOZEN
FRUITS:
Peaches
Apples
Nectarines
Strawberries
Cherries
Imported grapes
Pears
VEGETABLES:
Sweet bell peppers
Celery
Kale
Lettuce
Carrots
Least Contaminated: THE CLEAN FIFTEEN
FRUITS:
Avocados
Pineapples
Mangoes
Kiwi
Papayas
Watermelon
Grapefruit
VEGETABLES:
Onions
Sweet corn
Asparagus
Sweet peas
Cabbage
Eggplant
Broccoli
Tomatoes
Sweet potatoes
We try to eat fruit and vegetables hoping it will help our health but a lot of times we are making our health worse . Why? We are eating fruit and vegetables full of pesticides and trust me as some one who grows her own chochos, tomatoes, peppers regular thyme, french thyme, sweet pepper and mint there is always something waiting to pounce on them - my sweet peppers just succumbed - but pesticides and herbicides are killing us slowly so you may already know about this BUT in case you don't,I`m making sure you do.
What this tells me is that we are to eat things with skins ...that way we are safer as we can peel them,but I notice broccolli and asparagus made the healthy fifteen (I wonder how come?)
If you have the chance try and catch Dr.Oz's new show - it is so informative! That's where I learnt my poo should have an S shape - helps you stay on track trust me.

No comments: