Friday, February 8, 2008

CANCER SENTENCE

Eeeek what does one do ? Last year they thought it was great that women were being proactive when they got cancer of the breast and taking off the other breast. Now they say they are being too aggressive and behaving as if they are in the dark ages, not being positive, not believing in themself see article from Washington Post : Choosing Radical Cancer Surgery
I`m confused......
They now say Aspirin helps colon cancer see NY Times article : Aspirin May Reduce Risk of Colon Cancer but u have to take the correct dosage over a long period of time..... remember it also helps your heart but u can only take one baby aspirin per day...... SO WHAT DO I DO? save my colon or save my heart?.....I`m confused.
Yesterday was Bob Marley's birthday and i watched a documentary last night that went through his illness and subsequent death at 36 years old. The people close to him says he dismissed the disease, and anybody who told him he should be doing this and that, in other words caring his body, he told them they were behaving as if they WANTED him to HAVE cancer. So he ignored it and went through one of the most stressful times of his life (remember his career had just started to skyrocket so everyone wanted a piece of him ). By the time he fell WHILE JOGGING IN Central Park, it was in his lung and brain so all the chemo and rushing him to Mexico couldn`t work .....IT WAS TOO LATE...
One would have said he was being positive in not taking on cancer and death.
It didn`t work.....I`m confused.
Reality is he had MELANOMA which is one of the fastest moving cancers. But shouldn`t he have been able to beat it with his attitude? And his belief in JAH? Plus he was a rastafarian, did he eat meat? I`m sure he was "ital".....And don`t they say weed is the healing of the nation? (although my gut tells me that holding in all that unfiltered smoke from those humongous spliffs must have aided and abetted the lung cancer).
Professor Randy Pausch has moved with his family to prepare for his death. He is LIVING TO DIE.....I find that so morbid though i guess it makes sense.....He is preparing himself and his family he says for the inevitable.....Don`t know how i could deal with that always hanging over my head. He seems to just be waiting on the final call.
He`s succumbing to the cancer sentence,it's a DEATH SENTENCE, why not choose life?
Isn`t it better to just say WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE and continue your life , fine tuning on the way since u DID get the warning.
I don`t know....... All i know is everyday they come out with another game plan and I`m CONFUSED!
I think I`ll continue with mine.

No comments: