Saturday, February 2, 2008

Time to say goodbye

When time is of the essence. Do we use it carefully?
Do we use it wisely? Do we use it for love or do we use it to quarrel and be right?
Lately I`ve been wondering when on borrowed time why do some people use it badly ?
Sending ill will. Not walking away from chaos. Taking on fighting and quarreling and not stopping to smell the roses...........
HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE ?
Isn`t that time supposed to be used to make love not war.........
Isn`t it supposed to to be a time when u turn inside and whatever u know in your gut is not right u try to do something about it ?
Time is promised to no one. We can literally be here today and gone tomorrow so those of us who get a warning that we might not be here next year , we need to heed the warning and clean up our act.
Another thing we do is use our minds negatively - unconsciously.
Today I was on my usual long drive and TIME TO SAY GOODBYE by Sarah Brightman came on.......That song has to be one of the most beautiful of all time
Last year this time I couldn`t hear it enough, it is on every playlist on my ipod.........It is the song that i wanted to start and end my funeral........I was obsessed with my funeral being a celebration done my way...i sit in so many funerals that so DO NOT represent the person who it is for that i wanted to make sure mine represented me.....
Well ONE YEAR LATER MY FAVOURITE SONG IN THE WORLD CAME ON AND I COULDN`T LISTEN TO IT. I have never clicked forward so fast while driving .............Then it came to me.......Here i was, doing something i`ve always preached against .
I was guilty of calling NEGATIVE things to me.......
I was guilty of NOT BELIEVING IN LIFE.
So although i always thought i was a positive person, i was being positive about the wrong thing. U can be positive that u r broke just like how I was positive that i was sick.......I remember my closest friend saying to me "i don`t like when u say i`m sick or when i was sick"....Back to words determining your future, be careful how u use them.
The feeling that came over me on hearing that song, made me realize that I now truly BELIEVED in LIFE..........
DEATH was no longer the focus of my life..........
I realized that although i was in the fight of my life, i never really believed i could win.......
Winning is a mind thing. So obviously as I put in all the right moves for the fight, my mind also changed.
I learnt to use my time wisely.
Whether u survive a year or a day its HOW u survive ,your state of mind that makes u a winner,not the length of time.
Why prepare for what u don`t want to happen? Why prepare for death in the middle of life? Put your focus elsewhere........
I did , and now one of the most beautiful songs sounds like a death march to me ..........I don`t want to hear it....It will stay as the opening and closing of my funeral.....then I will certainly enjoy it.

1 comment:

nickiemou said...

Perspective is quite something,yet another wonderful example that our reality depends on what we bring to the table and how we choose to interpret the happenings in our life, embrace or deny,take control or let go. Our reality is what we make of it and what is depressing can be uplifting when redefined and vice versa... remain strong, continue to not be complacent but pro-active, continue to take control not let go, continue to embrace not deny...Thanks much an nuff love