Tuesday, January 29, 2008

STRESSFUL DAY

Today was a very stressful day for me.
I had a meeting with two of my star therapists about their behaviour on Sunday. I was not there and the two of them went at each other.......I heard it was not pretty.
Listening to the whole scenario my heart wanted to break as I am aware that if I had been there it wouldn`t have happened out of respect for me, but what happened to SELF RESPECT?
The hurtful things said, cannot be taken back, half of them not meant..........Do we realize that we shouldn`t put things we don`t mean to say out into the universe?
I tell my staff all the while that it matters not if they leave my employ as they take themselves with them wherever they go.
So if they are decent, honest people they will carry that wherever, and if they are jaggabats ( bitches) they will be jaggabats, it doesn`t matter where they are.
Just like my issues are all mine. Their issues are all theirs, not mine, not the hotel's.
Why can`t we respect each other? We don`t need to love each other but we certainly need to respect each other although if we added a little love, life would be so much easier........
We spend more time at work than anywhere else , especially in my business that is not 9-5 ( by the way, what do we do with 24 hours? We work 8, complain if we have to work 12, then we sleep 8 so what happens to the other 8? why don`t we have time to do the things we want to do like keep fit ? Spend time with our loved ones etc? And trust me most of us don`t sleep 8.....just a thought) as i was saying.....We spend at least 8 hours at work why can`t we try to get along with our coworkers...most people who give problems I find, need love and are looking for it in all the wrong ways............U may ask why not give them the love and attention they are so desperately searching for? Why ? Because they make it so hard for u to do so. Sometimes u have to have the faith of JOB to connect with them........
Another problem is someone like me who has been managing people from I`m 17 years old......38 years later it becomes tiring, Can this continue indefinitely? The answer is NO.
I just don`t have that kind of energy anymore.
Over the years certain members of staff have literally brought me to my knees ........All of them turned the corner when given love , and I mean EVERY ONE OF THEM...........People love to feel needed, they want to feel important.
They love to know that we value their contribution.
Sometimes all it takes is to give them time.........a listening ear, a kind word. But sometimes it takes FAR MORE than that. Especially in these days when offers of stabbing and threats like"I will catch you outside"are the order of the day.
Ignore them at your peril........
But as with all things of a stressful nature.........It catches up with u, and today it caught up with ME.
Instead of being my usual firm self, I looked at these two young women with all the potential in the world but going nowhere,and cried.......not only for them, but for my country.........

1 comment:

nickiemou said...

This has become such a major issue with us as a people... the gradual loss of respect for self that continues to spill, stream pile over into lack of respect for each other. When did we get here but more importantly how do we leave here... this dark place that has no benefit for the persons with low or no self respect and for the persons that there is none for... we continue to act and pray and believe that while there are many that have the challenge there are few that are making a change.. we continue to beleive in the power of the ripple effect. Hold strain and know that you are not alone let us share our methods and continue to support each other.