Wednesday, January 2, 2008

JANUARY DECISION

Coming back home, I decide to read my January ESSENCE magazine on the plane, turns out its my favourite copy . The one that has all the women 40 and up looking like a million $$$$ 2008 Ageless Beauties , well this one doesn`t have any hot 80 and 90 year olds but among the hot chicks in their 50`s 60`s and 70`s there is a ms. lady in her 30`s (don`t know how she got there ) talking about herself and her mother drinking veggie juice, when their skin isn`t looking its best........ and looking after numero uno .....u.
All of them talk about eating properly and excercising and LOVING LIFE.....one lady says she "celebrates life".
Another says she tends to not buy frozen ,boxed or prepared foods "i spend a lot on my groceries ,its my health you know" give this 63 year old in her short skirt her props.......Then there is the seventy two year old telling us " i get up every day and pursue my happiness"..........A double page spread of 4 grey hair ladies in their 50`s made me decide that 2008....I`M GOING GREY!
I will let u know by a picture if i look like these ladies who have decided to " not be a slave to the colour bottle" as my friends mother who is 90 says "everyone looks younger without grey hair" I tend to agree with her but we will see.............
Now that i need it to grow out i bet u this color is the one that doesn`t move.
An important thing the mother and daughter talked about is the fact that her mother wasn`t her friend growing up,she was her mother, and that is what enabled them to be friends now........too many of us want to be friends with our children instead of being parents...........this mother also doesn`t eat scavengers........my life long friends till last year when i started eating according to my blood type and heard that we (THE SCAVENGERS AND MYSELF) didn`t agree......me who a dozen crabs was the order of the day every day during crab season.............
I think its because they r scavengers why they r so sweet.........
Anyway most if not all mentioned God in their lives. One even said anything she can`t control she gives it to God just like she saw her mother do.........
The saying goes IF U CAN CHANGE A THING U DON`T NEED TO WORRY, AND IF U CANNOT CHANGE IT U WORSE DON`T NEED TO WORRY...............Don`t know who said it but makes sense to me...........
-So why am I worrying about Obama tomorrow and I can`t change a thing............

1 comment: